VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2.7.x and related WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 474, by AlDaja

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
yochenhsieh wrote on 2020-07-24, 00:37:
Hi I don't see d3d8.dll in your folder. Did you copy to the right place? […]
Show full quote
AlDaja wrote on 2020-07-24, 00:27:

This is what I get after installing SFC3, the Taldren patch, the Starfleet Command 3 HD&Gamespy Patch [https://hotandspicyforums.com/starfleet-comma … tch-t18931.html[/url], and the dgVoodoo2 files: D3D8.dll, ddraw.dll, dgVoodoo.conf everytime I play:
What I have in the game directory for your review:
SFC3 2020-07-22 20-38-15.png

Hi
I don't see d3d8.dll in your folder. Did you copy to the right place?

And I recommend move dxgi.dll to other place to disable Reshade for testing.

The d3d8.dll was in the file, must have cut it out when I cropped the photo. I removed the dxgi.dll and ran the game, getting same issue.

Reply 43 of 474, by Taz83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone
i just downloaded dgVoodoo WIP74 (released: 30.06.2020) for Warhammer Online (ROR)
first issue was the launcher was not opening unless i click on disable and pass thru to real DirectX ... after the launcher open i can remove the tick from Disable and passthru
the game worked i was amazed because its dx9 Heavy CPU game and when the big battle happens the lag is unreal even with NVIDIA 2080 ti because the load is on cpu mostly anyway the game was running prefect with dx12 feature i was able to see the dgVoodoo Watermark but after couple min in huge battle the game become unplayable like freezing ever 2-3 sec i cannot even walk 4 steps ahead without freezing

i know its an old game and am this is my first time trying dgVoodoo so i could have done something wrong here and am looking for someone with experience here maybe to guide me and help me play that game without lag
the only setting i changed was the vram but that did not solve the issue i tried to increase it to match the vram on the video card but seems like my issue is not from that part because increasing it didnt fix it for me
would love to hear some feedback or a clue

Reply 45 of 474, by Taz83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes i did i just need to enable pass thru option then run the launcher it will run normally after that remove the tick from passthru hit apply and click on play it will run the game exe file with dgvoodoo water mark on the bottom

the lag issue usally happen after 1h of playing in the Open pvp world the game become unplayable like i mentioned before you cannot move 5 sec without a freez i can record that if that helps
it could be a something wrong i did or could be compatibility issue here that require a special setting or patching sadly am not expert enough to figure out why this is happening

Reply 47 of 474, by Taz83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

when am running the game without dgvoodoo the game can be laggy but after arround 3 hour plus of playing but with dgvoodoo its less than an hour before i cant even move

so does the memory leak something hard to fix or is fixable lowenz?:D

Reply 50 of 474, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's summer but I made some changes in dgVoodoo anyway:

=========================
WIP75:
=========================

- Depth clip bug in DX method Clear, fixed (En ganske vanskelig danske)
- Fast video memory access was broken for DDraw, fixed (Jazz Jackrabbit 2)
- Improving 2D DX-operations to be more compatible with forced MSAA (Dungeon Siege, SWAT4)
- Fast video memory access with compressed textures crashed with D3D12, fixed (UT2004 x64)
- D3D12 2D blit bug, fixed (Grouch)
- D3D12 multithreading bug, fixed (unexpected swapchain mode changes)
- Throttling D3D12 dynamic heap for extreme cases (Regus Ademordna)
- Improving D3D12 resource usage to avoid some device removal crashes
- Some D3D12 bugs I encountered are fixed

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP75.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP75_dbg.zip

Reply 51 of 474, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote on 2020-07-28, 06:43:

Borderless was implemented ages ago, it's just relegated to the advanced settings (right click on tabs in dgVoodooCpl).

The problem with that is it's tied to forced windowed mode, without mouse emulation. I've been considering a fake fullscreen mode which is logically fullscreen with mouse emu but physically a borderless windowed mode.

@Taz83: Is the game 32 bit? If it is then I doubt it's memory leak because the 2GB address space would run out earlier than the amount of physical memory, so it'd simply crash instead of lagging.
Anyway, you could check out the state of the game process when it starts lagging, with Process Explorer (how much memory is in usage, how much gpu memory is in usage, etc).

Reply 52 of 474, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Your never ending battle with Google continues 😁

Attackers on dege.fw.hu might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit)

You pesky ATTACKER (ahahahahah 😁 )

Reply 53 of 474, by Taz83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

https://imgur.com/2HQgOpD

the game is on 64 according to the launcher , cpu seems normal , gpu is at 39% but inside the game the freezing part is getting to the point that even when standing and not moving the screen freez for 1 sec and come back

i tried the new released version today before when i enabled fast video memory access the game is insta crush the momment i click on connect so it open and crush

today i tested the same with the new version the game opened fine i was able to go to game menu and selection my toon to play and the crush only when loading into the game zone

Reply 54 of 474, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

You mean the game worked with WIP74 but not with WIP75?
Is this game free to play, to give it a shot myself?

lowenz wrote on 2020-07-31, 13:49:

Your never ending battle with Google continues 😁

Attackers on dege.fw.hu might attempt to trick you into installing programs that harm your browsing experience (for example, by changing your homepage or showing extra ads on sites you visit)

You pesky ATTACKER (ahahahahah 😁 )

Yes, I know about that. I guess that AV craps on VirusTotal "evolved" again.
Now *** google says that dgVoodoo2_55_1.zip and dgVoodoo2_62_2.zip are malicious (but interestingly they weren't previously).
At this rate I'd have to remove or passwd-protect all of my stuff on the site which I don't want to do. I think I got tired of all that google crap, so I'm not gonna "fix" it.

Let's use Edge instead for dege.fw.hu, it works as expected.

Reply 55 of 474, by Taz83

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

yes the game is totally free to play
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php#download
torrent download is the fastest way to download all the files just make sure the installation folder is not inside program files and also make sure the folder isnt read only because it could cause an issue with patcher if it was read only

Reply 58 of 474, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I made a patch for WIP75. I found a resource-state management bug in the D3D12 impl which can cause crashes (I guess it's up to the driver if it survives).
Also, aggressive usage of the D3D12 dynamic heap on the game side caused crashes (like Prototype 2), I fixed that too and improved the implementation as well:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP75_1.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP75_1_dbg.zip

Reply 59 of 474, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Taz83 wrote on 2020-07-31, 18:37:

yes the game is totally free to play
https://www.returnofreckoning.com/join.php#download
torrent download is the fastest way to download all the files just make sure the installation folder is not inside program files and also make sure the folder isnt read only because it could cause an issue with patcher if it was read only

Thanks! I downloaded it, registered and tried the game. Frankly, I don't know how you managed to run it through dgVoodoo because the game searches for D3D9.DLL in the system folder.
The only way I could achieved it was hex-editing strings 'd3d9.dll' in the executable (changing them to, say, b3d9.dll) while the launcher was running (otherwise it notices the change and downloads the exe again), and copy 32bit d3d9.dll renamed to b3d9.dll into \Windows\SysWOW64 (not a recommended way at all).
Interestingly, even WAR-64.EXE is 32 bit, no matter if I select 64 bit client in the launcher options.
Anyway, it ran nicely with WIP75.1 (I didn't try any other version) but I couldn't play it for an hour. Only ~20 minutes of exploring the surrounding world, and I didn't notice any problem.