VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Araanor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yo. After some work I managed to get the D3D version of DKG going. Problem is, while all sounds are playing, there is no music.

So I attempt to run the Setsound that's on the CD (moved it over to the harddrive in another attempt). MIDI is off. Digital audio has a driver and is working. So I attempt to configure MIDI. There is one alternative: Creative Labs AWE-32 and AWE-64 (TM) General MIDI. Next, I can either automatically or manually configure the sound driver, but the result is the same:
ERROR
XMIDI sound hardware not found
Check driver type and configuration

I tried with different addresses, running VDMSound and tweaking insignificant settings but no difference.

I have an Abit nForce4 board with integrated Realtek AC'97 sound. Realtek sound drivers installed. I'm getting the feeling this is the problem.

Reply 2 of 6, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

the setsound program is only for the dos versions of dungeon keeper... there is a DOS, Windows and Windows Direct 3D versions of this game.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 3 of 6, by Araanor

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Windows-version, guess I should have been more explicit than "D3D" for Direct3d.

franpa: I see. Well then, I'm stumped anyway. No music, no configuration utility, no settings except sound level.

Reply 4 of 6, by franpa

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

did you unmute cd-audio from within windows? if not then it is more then likely because no one connected the analogue audio cable from you cd-rom drive to your soundcard... to confirm this make an image of the cd and play the game via use of the image... this forces it to use digital audio extraction instead.

most 2000 or newer games don't use analogue cd audio.

AMD Ryzen 3700X | ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi) | 16GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti 8GB | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website

Reply 5 of 6, by avgjoedude

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

any updates or solutions? I cannot get dungeon keeper music to work as well, and only thing I could see as far as music set up was the setsound utility, which will not recognize any of the addresses for my music soundcard's midi and only has the one option as mentioned above.

Reply 6 of 6, by bugs_bugger

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Are you sure you have music data at all? I have a really crappy version of DK here at home from a really crappy compilation and it doesnt have any music on the CD. :-(