VOGONS

First post, by NoNameNeeded

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know if that's the right place to ask this question but I was wondering if there is a driver available to get the additional function keys to work on a 64Bit Windows 7.

The drivers I have found so far simply don't work, even though one of them (SP22515) is supposed to be a XP 64Bit driver (Windows 7 isn't Windows XP but...)

It seems as if this keyboard was around for quite a while so I find it kind of strange, that there is no working 64Bit driver.

Reply 1 of 6, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That SoftPaq pre-dates even x86 64 XP release by a couple of years so I'm not surprised it doesn't support W7 64. If there are later 64 bit versions of HPs Easy Access Button software they may not support your keyboard anyway.

Reply 2 of 6, by NoNameNeeded

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Well, in the driver files you'll find ia64 sections, so the driver is supposed to support XP 64Bit.
I don't know if it works on a 64Bit XP but it certainly doesn't on Windows 7.
I was just hoping there would be at least a Vista 64 Bit driver since it was still sold in the mid to late 2000s.

But I guess I'm out of luck.

Reply 4 of 6, by Oetker

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

If Windows outputs virtual key codes for those keys, perhaps you can get it to work. You can use CharProbe to see what the keyboard transmits, and HoeKey to bind the scan codes to functions. I've used this approach in a similar situation, although in that case not all keys output anything Windows understood.

Reply 5 of 6, by NoNameNeeded

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't know exactly what to do.
When I press one of the buttons the charprobe input field turns green temporarily, so I guess it means it recognizes something.
But I don't know what to do next.
Apart from telling me that "there was a problem in your settings" HoeKey doesn't do much.

Reply 6 of 6, by NoNameNeeded

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was able to get at least 4 (of the 8 ) buttons to work thanks to an extension of activaid
(the extension is called userhotkeys and is part of activaid)

https://www.heise.de/download/product/activaid-24593