VOGONS

Reply 441 of 658, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Der Kuenringer wrote on 2020-02-09, 18:45:

Is the PowerVR SGL version of Flight Unlimited exclusive to Win9x?

Yes it is 😀

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 442 of 658, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ntalaec wrote on 2020-02-06, 21:19:

So, could it be possible to replace it with underlined text or something similar?

You did a great work here, by the way.

Confirmed that color is not coming back, I'll add some type of legend for those titles when I'm done at work.

kaiser77_1982 wrote on 2020-02-07, 09:40:

Hi!! I think I have the original web in a html in my PC, if you want I could upload it.

No need, the old HTML/bb codes are still in the source.

Reply 444 of 658, by chyron

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

While browsing file list of Motor Mash game rip on some *unmentionable* site i've noticed that it included following files:

3DFX_DOS.BDD, 3DFX_WIN.BDD, MYST_WIN.BDD,RAGE_WIN.BDD, S3_WIN.BDD, SFTIZFBF.BDD

Many of 'em include "This is a BRender driver" line inside.
Do this game support 3D acceleration via BRender or these are leftover garbage authors didn't bothered to clean up?

Reply 445 of 658, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Davros wrote on 2019-07-03, 19:48:
The internet archive has a cd of Special versions of games for S3 VIRGE graphics cards: not sure i'm allowed to post the link bu […]
Show full quote

The internet archive has a cd of Special versions of games for S3 VIRGE graphics cards:
not sure i'm allowed to post the link but the games are :
Actua Soccer (semi-finals)
Terminal Velocity DOS & Win9x
Havoc

This is the one in question. Anyone interested can search the archive for s3d game pak

s3d1.jpg
Filename
s3d1.jpg
File size
372.63 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

I've recently located the edition that has Descent II, which I will upload when I get a chance. As far as legality goes I believe they're only demos anyway.

s3d pak.PNG
Filename
s3d pak.PNG
File size
457.53 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 446 of 658, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Pierre32 wrote on 2020-05-24, 01:22:
This is the one in question. Anyone interested can search the archive for s3d game pak […]
Show full quote

This is the one in question. Anyone interested can search the archive for s3d game pak

s3d1.jpg

I've recently located the edition that has Descent II, which I will upload when I get a chance. As far as legality goes I believe they're only demos anyway.

s3d pak.PNG

Thanks! Do you know which Virge this works with? I'm guessing the original 86C325?

Reply 447 of 658, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
boxpressed wrote on 2020-05-24, 05:02:

Thanks! Do you know which Virge this works with? I'm guessing the original 86C325?

I'm honestly not sure, but given the year that sounds about right. I haven't even had the chance to run it yet - the PC with the Virge is at another address due to isolation.

Now here's the Big Idiot update. I grabbed the CD from the pile after my previous post, and the CD is not in the sleeve! I've only had it a few weeks too. So I'm tearing my hair out wondering where I've put it (maybe in another case or something... ugh). But the good news is that I had copied the Descent 2 folder to my Win98 box for a look (even though I can't run it on that machine). And I think D2 is the only unique content on this disk, with Terminal Velocity already being a part of the other pack. So I've got that.

Here are two screenshots of attempting to run it, and two of the folder contents.

IMG_20200524_151953.jpg
Filename
IMG_20200524_151953.jpg
File size
195.49 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_20200524_152058.jpg
Filename
IMG_20200524_152058.jpg
File size
129.22 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_20200524_152727.jpg
Filename
IMG_20200524_152727.jpg
File size
195.08 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
IMG_20200524_152742.jpg
Filename
IMG_20200524_152742.jpg
File size
113.15 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

Reply 448 of 658, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've seen that error before, and it happened when I was trying to run D2 with any Virge that wasn't the original 325.

Anyway, I dl'ed the S3 Game Pak and installed Terminal Velocity 3D. Super slow framerate on my DX2-66, but it's cool to see the different textures on such an old CPU. I'd never seen the S3 3D splash screen before, either.

Reply 449 of 658, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have located my S3D Game Pak Descent II disc (there was a drive in one machine that I hadn't thought to check, and I found it by accident last night, heh). It can now be found in the same manner as the other one.

Reply 450 of 658, by boxpressed

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Pierre32 wrote on 2020-05-29, 00:01:

I have located my S3D Game Pak Descent II disc (there was a drive in one machine that I hadn't thought to check, and I found it by accident last night, heh). It can now be found in the same manner as the other one.

Excellent! By coincidence, I just installed the full D2 today, and it asked me if I wanted to install the Virge version at the end. Then I installed the Verite version to compare. Will need to replace the DX2-66 in the test bench, 🤣.

Reply 451 of 658, by RaVeN-05

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

i found there is possible:
MechWarrior 2 - Mercenaries (USA) Sony OEM PowerVR
(and also Titanium)
a PowerVR version, need to check

https://www.youtube.com/user/whitemagicraven
https://go.twitch.tv/whitemagicraventv

Reply 452 of 658, by piatd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
vetz wrote on 2020-02-10, 12:01:
Confirmed that color is not coming back, I'll add some type of legend for those titles when I'm done at work. […]
Show full quote

So, could it be possible to replace it with underlined text or something similar?

Confirmed that color is not coming back, I'll add some type of legend for those titles when I'm done at work.

Hi!! I think I have the original web in a html in my PC, if you want I could upload it.

Does anyone know what the exclusives (formerly in green text) are?

edit: I just waybacked a vogons thread. Feels weird, man.

Reply 453 of 658, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

a broader definition of exclusives list:

Attachments

Reply 454 of 658, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
piatd wrote on 2020-08-16, 05:14:
vetz wrote on 2020-02-10, 12:01:
Confirmed that color is not coming back, I'll add some type of legend for those titles when I'm done at work. […]
Show full quote

Does anyone know what the exclusives (formerly in green text) are?

edit: I just waybacked a vogons thread. Feels weird, man.

Stupid is what it is...
Seems the internet is going through this a lot lately... Changing things that worked fine (just for the sake of change), into things that are more cumbersome to use (at best), or outright broken (at worst).

Reply 455 of 658, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
boxpressed wrote on 2020-05-24, 05:02:
Pierre32 wrote on 2020-05-24, 01:22:
This is the one in question. Anyone interested can search the archive for s3d game pak […]
Show full quote

s3d1.jpg

s3d pak.PNG

Sorry for the late answer. All Virge chips are compatible with s3D, but AGP Virges (MX and GX2) produces artifacts in s3D Terminal Velocity, and there is no support for low resolutions for GX2. More info on Putas great website: https://vintage3d.org/virgemx.php.

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix

Reply 456 of 658, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hey vetz, looking back at the original post: am I nuts or did you -not- flag the MS-DOS games versus the Windows ones? I know it's mostly Windows games, and I know it gets tricky once you include patches, but still...

[EDIT] BTW, I also made this thread for demoscene demos today: 3D Accelerated Demoscene Demos for DOS/Windows List (Proprietary APIs - including 3DFX)

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 457 of 658, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Stiletto wrote on 2020-09-11, 01:43:

Hey vetz, looking back at the original post: am I nuts or did you -not- flag the MS-DOS games versus the Windows ones? I know it's mostly Windows games, and I know it gets tricky once you include patches, but still...

[EDIT] BTW, I also made this thread for demoscene demos today: 3D Accelerated Demoscene Demos for DOS/Windows List (Proprietary APIs - including 3DFX)

I never marked Windows/DOS games. Most of the API's are either DOS or Win only. There are some that could both Windows and DOS and had multiple releases, MSI and S3D. PowerSGL could do Win and DOS as well, but here there are only one DOS game (Tomb Raider). ATICIF only have Actua Soccer as DOS game.

Also reminds me I need to go through the list and fix some broken links and other stuff.

Reply 458 of 658, by Gona

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

At winter I plan to continue my table (https://gona.mactar.hu/3D/) where I show OS too.

Video card compatibility matrix for DOS games | ATI3DCIF compatibility matrix | CGL API compatibility matrix

Reply 459 of 658, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Gona wrote on 2020-09-11, 11:10:

At winter I plan to continue my table (https://gona.mactar.hu/3D/) where I show OS too.

Holy crap! Looking forward to that 😀

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto