I am happy to announce that the Orpheus soundcard is done!
Nothing more to add/remove/tweak in the hardware side of things 😀
Special thanks to
- 640k!enough for his hardware feedback on the prototype boards and his software work
- JazeFox for adding specific Orpheus support to his excellent UniSound driver so the card's special features can be used under pure DOS
As you can see the board is now a "classic green" one 😀
There is an extra jumper block added that lets the user select which MPU device will control the wavetable header, the gameport midi and the dedicated midi-out jack.
So if a card has the pcmidi part installed the user can enable the CS4237 MPU device and have 2 MPU devices working at the same time controlling different parts of the card.
(ofcourse this feature only makes sense with the pcmidi part installed)
The card comes in 3 flavors - all prices include registered airmail shipping in a hard box with fully assembled and complete items ready for use:
- Orheus soundcard : 130eur
- Orpheus soundcard with PCMIDI installed: 180eur
- Orpheus soundcard with PCMIDI installed and Dreamblaster X2 daughterboard: 230eur
For now anyone interested can use the PCMIDI order form located in serdashop.com and www.pcmidi.eu - there is an Orpheus item in the drop-down product list.
Thanks for your support on this and I hope people will like the card as much as we enjoyed making it!