VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, official dosbox support parallel port? i only see serial port in config, but i did not test every svn build

thanks

Reply 1 of 3, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

DOSBox is designed for playing DOS games on more modern hardware. Although people have had some success using it to run non-game DOS-era applications, its use for that is discouraged and not supported.

You're better off using VirtualBox for this. It has support for passing parallel ports on your host machine through to VMs, including DOS VMs.

Reply 2 of 3, by theelf

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
digger wrote on 2020-09-16, 11:26:

DOSBox is designed for playing DOS games on more modern hardware. Although people have had some success using it to run non-game DOS-era applications, its use for that is discouraged and not supported.

You're better off using VirtualBox for this. It has support for passing parallel ports on your host machine through to VMs, including DOS VMs.

The printer support is for games, PC Futbol and PC Basket use printer if available in the manager mode. I dont play this games, but a friend ask me, he say is very useful to build the team for the play mode

pcfutbol4arg-3.png

2763040731_8245c898a6.jpg