VOGONS

Reply 2441 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just paired the ARGUS and POD83 on another 486 VLB mainboard (Shuttle HOT 419 R1.1 [Opti 82C895]) - works fine there.
Seems like the previous issues are related to the P24T implementation on that particular board.

Current Project: new GUS PnP compatible soundcard

[Z?]

Reply 2446 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Just to keep you all up to date, with a bit of luck I might get a new job on tuesday, so I could finally start the production run either this or next month.
Fingers crossed.

[Z?]

Reply 2447 of 3172, by Bancho

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
shock__ wrote on 2020-10-03, 22:09:

Just to keep you all up to date, with a bit of luck I might get a new job on tuesday, so I could finally start the production run either this or next month.
Fingers crossed.

All the luck with securing a new job! In todays climate that's a big thing! 😀 I have everything crossed for you!

Reply 2448 of 3172, by Sev80

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Fingers crossed.

Best of luck! I hope this job gives you the happiness and success you deserve!

Reply 2449 of 3172, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Fingers crossed.

That's hopeful news. Good luck, man! 🤞

Reply 2450 of 3172, by shock__

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good news everyone, application was successful, starting a new job (which contrary to my previous one won't get me near my moral limit) on the 26th.
What are the feelings of starting the production run on by the 30th of November?

[Z?]

Reply 2451 of 3172, by MJay99

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2020-10-06, 16:02:

Good news everyone, application was successful, starting a new job (which contrary to my previous one won't get me near my moral limit) on the 26th.

Great news, very happy to hear that! It'd be an unbelievable insanity to me if someone with your abilities were to be unemployed for any longer period of time... unless it were a choice, of course.

Reply 2453 of 3172, by TheMobRules

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Congrats on the new job shock__!!

Nov-30 sounds good to me for starting the prod run, I don't know about the others but my RC1 ARGUS has been performing as expected, no problems at all!

By the way, I got your brackets today @Whiskey, they look fantastic, thanks for your effort with this! Tonight I'll apply some metal polisher for extra shine as suggested on previous posts before attaching it to the card.

Reply 2454 of 3172, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Congratulations shock__!
Looking forward to Nov 30!

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 2455 of 3172, by carlostex

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Congrats shock__ you deserve it!

Too bad for me i couldn't back the project back in the day, i would really like an ARGUS!!

In any case, its nice to see this project reach the end stage. Great work!

Reply 2456 of 3172, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Congrats on the new job.

Have shipping prices to the USA returned to normal yet?

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2457 of 3172, by Nitroraptor53

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
shock__ wrote on 2020-10-06, 16:02:

What are the feelings of starting the production run on by the 30th of November?

Well done Shock__!