VOGONS

EIZO MD-B12 TIGA TMS34010

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 42, by gfernval

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Could you do the following test? Remove all sims and let me know if it works, it seems to me that the board
needs at least one DRAM SIMM module, because if you remove all SIMMs modeules the only memory the board
has is the VRAM memory located under the two BIOS chips.

Reply 22 of 42, by vlask

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Guess that small 4 ram modules on top are DRAM memory, thats why it works. Simms are there for more DRAM memory expansion....

Not only mine graphics cards collection at http://www.vgamuseum.info

Reply 23 of 42, by gfernval

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Could you give me a listing of your config.sys and autoexec.bat?
In config.sys you have to put device=c:\tiga\sr340.sys, and in autoexec.bat c:\tiga\tigacd,
what is your tigacd environment variable? (TIGACD=-mc:\tiga -lc:\tiga)
When I run tigacd.exe the only two options are 1280x1024 16 colors (4 bit) and 1024x1024 (4bit)
there is no choice for 256 colors (8 bit)

Reply 24 of 42, by gfernval

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Have you used the card with a TFT monitor (60Hz refresh)? Maybe because I have used a TFT monitor instead a CRT (tube) monitor
I do not see any image in the screen when I run tigademo.exe, the output signal of the tiga card could be 1280x1024 but 75Hz vertical
refresh instead 60Hz (the native resolution of my TFT monitor is 1280x1024).
About the tiga card switches, I have switches 4 and 8 down, all others up. Switch 8 it seems to me that is related to VGA passthrought,
if I use the tiga card with an vga connected with passthought cable I must set switch 8 down, if not, there is no image in the monitor.

Reply 25 of 42, by 1ST1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

What is the base adress of your card? On my card all DIP swichtes except of 4 are up. Mine is set to adress c800h. I use a NEC TFT 1970nxp which can go up to 70Hz and maybe a bit above of that. I also have only the choice of 1280x1024 and 1024x1024 in 16 colors.

I just found a terminator resistor for VGA cards, so now I also can test VGA passthrough, maybe your tipp with DIP 8 is helpfull for me, let's see this evening...

Do you know how big is that adress window at c800h? I ask because I use QEMM and I want to shrink that adress window as little as possible. At the moment I have a reservation of x=c800-c8ff.

Reply 26 of 42, by 1ST1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks fot the tipp with DIP 8 for VGA passthrough. I found a VGA-terminator and plugged it in the VGA card and connected my TFT to the TIGA card, so now I can see both kinds of pictures on one monitor without switching.

To your questions:

tiga1.jpg
Filename
tiga1.jpg
File size
89.19 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
tiga2.jpg
Filename
tiga2.jpg
File size
171.74 KiB
Views
File license
tiga3.jpg
Filename
tiga3.jpg
File size
83.17 KiB
Views
File license
tiga4.jpg
Filename
tiga4.jpg
File size
134.07 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 27 of 42, by 1ST1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
tiga5.jpg
Filename
tiga5.jpg
File size
229.12 KiB
Views
File license
tiga6.jpg
Filename
tiga6.jpg
File size
125.86 KiB
Views
File license
tiga9.jpg
Filename
tiga9.jpg
File size
174.56 KiB
Views
File license
tiga10.jpg
Filename
tiga10.jpg
File size
229.2 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 30 of 42, by 1ST1

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The window size is c800-c8ff, so you need to exclude that with EMM, QEMM or 386max.

Why no image? What kind of monitor are you using? It needs to be able to display 1280x1023 in 70Hz.

Have you tryed the tools in the Utils folder? They display the status of the card.

Reply 31 of 42, by gfernval

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have used a CRT instead a TFT monitor and the card works, the image is garbled. Could you verify if your card works without
loading sr340.sys in the config.sys? If I don´t load sr340.sys in the config.sys file tigademo.exe does not work. Could you send me your tiga.cfg file? In this cfg file are saved the parameters of refresh, maybe with your tiga.cfg file I can see the image in a TFT monitor instead a CRT monitor.

Reply 38 of 42, by Anderson77

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,
I have a Rasterex Tiga isa card with its own cardboard box with foam and has floppy disk that looks like its not original. If my memory serves correctly it is a Tdk floppy disk with post it note, written Win 3.1 / Autocad on it. Maybe a loose setup paper too. Is there missing something else from the box, besides user manual?
Reading that it is not really suitable for retro gaming.
Looks similar than earlier posted Rasterex, the long one.

What is the card worth nowadays?
Thank you.

Reply 39 of 42, by Predator99

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Anderson77 wrote on 2021-07-13, 13:15:
Hello, I have a Rasterex Tiga isa card with its own cardboard box with foam and has floppy disk that looks like its not original […]
Show full quote

Hello,
I have a Rasterex Tiga isa card with its own cardboard box with foam and has floppy disk that looks like its not original. If my memory serves correctly it is a Tdk floppy disk with post it note, written Win 3.1 / Autocad on it. Maybe a loose setup paper too. Is there missing something else from the box, besides user manual?
Reading that it is not really suitable for retro gaming.
Looks similar than earlier posted Rasterex, the long one.

What is the card worth nowadays?
Thank you.

Hello, can you PLEASE upload a copy of the floppy disk?