VOGONS

Peixoto's patches for a few old games

Topic actions

Reply 780 of 890, by Icy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yeah, I'm using d3d with Hitman cause it's the only one having a drawing distance hack for.
Ok, here's my error. log for it:

Peixotos's patch remote settings: 32bit: 1 <Gpad>: <Textswap>: s=4;sz=256;path=Textures\VOKSI;n=PgUP;p=PgDn;d=home;sw=end;c=del […]
Show full quote

Peixotos's patch remote settings:
32bit: 1
<Gpad>:
<Textswap>: s=4;sz=256;path=Textures\VOKSI;n=PgUP;p=PgDn;d=home;sw=end;c=del;q=ins;
BLT3D: 1
CPY: 1
D3D: 7
D3D_Driver: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_22fc90e01dc4ebe8\nvldumd.dll
dsk: 3840x2160
error_log: C:\Games\Peixoto\error.log
HD: 1
HDPI: 1
injector_dir: C:\Games\Peixoto
max_4x3_res: 2048x1536
Mydocs: C:\Users\Admin\Documents
os_version: 10.000000
Path: C:\Users\Admin\Documents\Games\Hitman\Codename 47\
READ: 1
rlst: 640x480 720x480 720x576 800x600 1024x768 1152x864 1176x664 1280x720 1280x768 1280x800 1280x960 1280x1024 1360x768 1366x768 1600x900 1600x1024 1600x1200 1680x1050 1768x992 1920x1080 1920x1200 1920x1440 2048x1536 2560x1440 2560x1600 3840x2160 1440x900 640x350
script_hwnd: 0xf046a
SSAA: 1
target: C:\Games\HitmanC47\hitman.exe
target_dir: C:\Games\HitmanC47
target_name: hitman.exe

CreateProcessA Hook: 0
CreateProcessW Hook: 0
ShellExecuteA Hook :0
Desktop 3840x2160
OpenAdapter Hook 0
DDraw.dll : C:\Games\HitmanC47\DDRAW.dll
DirectDrawCreateEX Hook: 0
Succeeded to create DirectDraw
Succeeded to create Direct3D
Succeeded to create the DirectDraw7 and Direct3D7 Interfaces
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw7::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D7::CreateDevice
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice7::EndScene
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw7::SetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice7::SetViewPort
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice7::Clear
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw7::EnumDisplayModes
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice7::DrawPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirect3D7::CreateVertexBuffer
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice7::DrawPrimitiveVB
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice7::DrawIndexedPrimitiveVB
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface7::flip
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface7::EnumAttachedSurfaces
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface7::GetPixelFormat
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw7::GetDisplayMode
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface7::AddAttachedSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::GetDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::ReleaseDC
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface7::Lock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface7::UnLock
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface7::Blt
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DDevice7::DrawIndexedPrimitive
Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw7::SetCooperativeLevel
IDirectDrawSurface7::flip is already hooked
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface7::GetAttachedSurface
IDirectDrawSurface7::EnumAttachedSurfaces is already hooked
Create Surrogate - Surface7 2289434836 DDERR_NOCOOPERATIVELEVELSET format PAL8 512x384
Create Surrogate - Surface7 2147500037 format 33554816 0x1
1 DD7 0x0-0
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format RG6B 512x384
Create Surrogate - Surface1 0 DDERR_OK
2 DD7 512x384-1024
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format X8RGB 512x384
3 DD7 512x384-2048
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format PAL8 640x480
1 DD7 640x480-640
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format RG6B 640x480
2 DD7 640x480-1280
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format X8RGB 640x480
3 DD7 640x480-2560
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format PAL8 720x540
1 DD7 720x540-720
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format RG6B 720x540
2 DD7 720x540-1536
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format X8RGB 720x540
3 DD7 720x540-2944
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format PAL8 960x540
1 DD7 960x540-960
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format RG6B 960x540
2 DD7 960x540-1920
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format X8RGB 960x540
3 DD7 960x540-3840
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format PAL8 800x600
1 DD7 800x600-800
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format RG6B 800x600
2 DD7 800x600-1664
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format X8RGB 800x600
3 DD7 800x600-3200
Create Surrogate - Surface7 0 DDERR_OK format PAL8 1024x768
1 DD7 1024x768-1024

Reply 781 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Icy wrote on 2020-09-17, 03:57:

Yeah, I'm using d3d with Hitman cause it's the only one having a drawing distance hack for.
Ok, here's my error. log for it:

The problem is probably that ddraw.dll on the game folder

Reply 782 of 890, by Icy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I see, well I guess I can get by without scaling for now. Maybe you could incorporate drawing distance hack into your framework too at one point?
Btw, I'd like to make another feature request, would it be hard to implement a way to force disable hardware gamma flag in games which use it? Like color clutch does for example, but it's no longer in development and not really reliable in general

Reply 783 of 890, by Sat42

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi Peixoto,

I am posting my question here since I do not know how else to contact you - I have previously enjoyed some of your patches for old games like Tomb Raider III and believe you might be able to help or at least share some "expert" opinion on the issue I have now!

Admittedly it's a small issue - and not where you might expect, the game is not exactly "old".

It concerns the pre-rendered CGI cutscenes (FMVs - such as the intro cinematic, including logos etc. - specifically .BIK video files in this case) of Age of Empires III (complete edition from Steam): I have a vertical line cutting the FMVs (always in the same place), which is thin so not always visible but generally distracting, and yet I can play the individual .BIK files outside of the game with VLC Media Player flawlessly. I figured it was a codec issue.
I am not forcing anti aliasing on the game anymore (it is now application-controlled), which has improved the situation a bit by making the vertical line "very" thin so it is only occasionally distracting. But I am wondering how to make it go away completely since apparently everyone else has this issue - and FYI, the FMVs from the older Age of Mythology game use the same Bink format and have no issues playing out in-game (no visual bug).

Just for reference:-
My PC: Windows 7 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-core processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 8 GB RAM

I thought I could modify the binkw32.dll file within the game's installation folder, but only managed to view the dll's contents so far. I understand however that one would most likely also need to modify the .exe of the game. In any case, I don't have the knowledge.

Since you were "easily" capable of changing the .exe for games like Tomb Raider III in order to, for example, not only change the possible resolution of FMVs but also change the actual video format (e.g., mp4 instead of BIK) that the game is capable of playing, I hope you might be able to help with the above too!

Thanks in advance and by the way, thank you for your patches 😀
Cheers

Reply 784 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Sat42 wrote on 2020-10-01, 14:47:
Hi Peixoto, […]
Show full quote

Hi Peixoto,

I am posting my question here since I do not know how else to contact you - I have previously enjoyed some of your patches for old games like Tomb Raider III and believe you might be able to help or at least share some "expert" opinion on the issue I have now!

Admittedly it's a small issue - and not where you might expect, the game is not exactly "old".

It concerns the pre-rendered CGI cutscenes (FMVs - such as the intro cinematic, including logos etc. - specifically .BIK video files in this case) of Age of Empires III (complete edition from Steam): I have a vertical line cutting the FMVs (always in the same place), which is thin so not always visible but generally distracting, and yet I can play the individual .BIK files outside of the game with VLC Media Player flawlessly. I figured it was a codec issue.
I am not forcing anti aliasing on the game anymore (it is now application-controlled), which has improved the situation a bit by making the vertical line "very" thin so it is only occasionally distracting. But I am wondering how to make it go away completely since apparently everyone else has this issue - and FYI, the FMVs from the older Age of Mythology game use the same Bink format and have no issues playing out in-game (no visual bug).

Just for reference:-
My PC: Windows 7 64-bit, AMD Ryzen 3 1300X Quad-core processor, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050, 8 GB RAM

I thought I could modify the binkw32.dll file within the game's installation folder, but only managed to view the dll's contents so far. I understand however that one would most likely also need to modify the .exe of the game. In any case, I don't have the knowledge.

Since you were "easily" capable of changing the .exe for games like Tomb Raider III in order to, for example, not only change the possible resolution of FMVs but also change the actual video format (e.g., mp4 instead of BIK) that the game is capable of playing, I hope you might be able to help with the above too!

Thanks in advance and by the way, thank you for your patches 😀
Cheers

Create a new entry for the game then try different combinations of the settings: forced resolution, SSAA and half pixel offset

Reply 785 of 890, by eddycatboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

To anyone using this for Shogo be careful, my os's font got changed out of nowhere after messing around the settings, get the same error (for ''dll injection 87''): https://i.imgur.com/Ark93c0.png and staring up "Launch Shogo - Mobile Armor Division" of my gog shortcut, it change into this: https://i.imgur.com/pribGjl.png and now everything looks awkward.
NvdgRZB.png
Edit: Never mind, found out what it was :
https://www.gog.com/forum/shogo_mobile_ ... s_settings
Just note that the font stays changed even when you reboot your PC.
also i still get the same error (for ''dll injection 87''), i have no clue what that setting is.

Reply 786 of 890, by rainforest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, my question is about the draw distance. Even though the widescreen work fine, I still have that black fog. But this player has perfect draw distance and he sees the end of the map clearly.

gkp0dpY.jpg

Here is the example pictures. (First picture with the draw distance fix, second pic with the regular black fog and with no enhanced draw distance)

I'm not talking about the HD textures, draw distance has nothing to do with the textures. How did he do that?

I took the enhanced draw distance shot from this video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6RrO6rlzgQ

Reply 787 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rainforest wrote on 2020-10-23, 19:30:
Hello, my question is about the draw distance. Even though the widescreen work fine, I still have that black fog. But this playe […]
Show full quote

Hello, my question is about the draw distance. Even though the widescreen work fine, I still have that black fog. But this player has perfect draw distance and he sees the end of the map clearly.

https://imgur.com/03AcXmE

Here is the example pictures. (First picture with the draw distance fix, second pic with the regular black fog and with no enhanced draw distance)

I'm not talking about the HD textures, draw distance has nothing to do with the textures. How did he do that?

I took the enhanced draw distance shot from this video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6RrO6rlzgQ

Some old versions had this increased draw distance, but it was not yet ready for release, I simply forgot to disable it in the dist build. Since then I have given it up. At any rate, there is a really, really good draw distance (and many other things) mod for TR2 here: https://www.tombraiderforums.com/showthread.php?t=218509 and the guy who made has plans to do it for TR3 as well

Reply 789 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
rainforest wrote on 2020-10-23, 21:27:

Well, it looks perfect to me. I wish you'd release it 😁

Old versions can e download from here https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApHOE-Ru-xkG5VkiNUkN_3MZd5RI

London, madubu gorge, Antarctica and other levels are full of bugs

Reply 790 of 890, by rainforest

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

OMG thank you SOOOOOOOO much! This is absolutely phenomenal! I just had to share two screenshots. You can see the little British flag from the end of the other side of the map! And Coastal Village looks absolutely breathtaking with full draw distance! Yes it has little graphic bugs here and there but they don't look that bad to me at all. You are a legend for making this 😁

3QWjCN1.jpg

Reply 791 of 890, by DD-Indeed

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey, I gotta suggestion for you: Sentinel Returns. It has these issues apparrently:

- Doesn't accept any compatibility modes, and the game was designed to run on Win95, so installing it not apparrently possible on modern systems (at least I couldn't get it working no matter what I tried)
- Game has no music playback, because it was designed to stream it from the disc only etc.

Reply 792 of 890, by giovannilucca

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey Mate!

You know that I'm trying to squeeze as much as possible from the graphics on Tomb Raider 3 remaster.
Some time ago I asked you about the compatibility with Reshade post process and you said that isn't compatible because of the d3d9.dll. It is possible to write an HLSL bloom shader to implement in the patch? I was doing an research on the web about it, and it seems that isn't difficult to write some post-process effects in HLSL.

Tomb Raider III HD Remaster Project Director

Reply 793 of 890, by Kitraiden

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote on 2017-03-27, 03:55:
Here are some patches i have created for some old games […]
Show full quote

Here are some patches i have created for some old games

There are widescreen and HD patches, fixes for bugs, glitches or poor performance on nowadays computers, better compatibility with today's gamepads and even some modding tools, amongst other things

The games i've patched so far are:

Alice - Remaster
Alice
Dark Earth
DeusEx
Dino Crisis
Heart of Darkness
Im Alive
Legacy of Kain - Blood Omen
Legacy of Kain - Soul Reaver
Little Big Adventure - Enhanced Edition
Little Big Adventure 2
Little Big Adventure
MageSlayer
Martian Gothic
Onimusha
Prince Of Persia - SOT
Project Eden
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil
Rune
Sanitarium
Shogo
Slave Zero
Star Wars - Jedi Knight - MotS
Star Wars - Jedi Knight
Star Wars - Shadows of the empire
Star Wars Ep. I - Racer
Star Wars Ep. I - The Phantom Menace
Take no prisoners
Tomb Raider - Gold
Tomb Raider - Legend
Tomb Raider 2
Tomb Raider 2 - Gold
Tomb Raider 3 - Gold
Tomb Raider 3
Tomb Raider 4
Tomb Raider 5
Tomb Raider
Unreal Gold
Alien Earth
Aliens vs Predator 2
Aliens vs Predator classic - D3D9
Alone in the Dark - The New Nightmare
Bladerunner
Blood 2
Clive Barker's Undying
Darkstone
Diablo 2
Diablo
Die by the sword
F.E.A.R
Forsaken
Grim Fandango
Half Life 2
HItman - Codename 47
Max Payne
Messiah
Nocturne
Oddworld - Abe's Exodus
Oddworld - Abe's Odyssey
Oddworld - Munch's Oddysee HD
Oddworld - Strangers Wrath HD
Oni
onScapee
Outlaws
Outwars
Planescape torment
Prince of Persia 3D
Sanity - Aiken's Artifact
Second Sight
Shadow Man
Silver
System Shock 2
The longest Journey
Turok 2
Turok
Vampire The Masquerade - Redemption
Zanzarah

There is a create new button that lets one add new games to which several option for corrections and enhancements can be applied. I don't expect a good compatibility for most options, but there are two of them that should have decent compatibility

Texture swapping
This makes the program a general tool to mod textures on DirectX 7 and earlier and old Opengl games. Soon, all DirectX (but 12) and OpenGl versions will be supported

Forced resolution on 2D games with or without xBRz scaling
This makes the program a general hardware upscaler with hardware xBRz for DirectDraw games

Download the patches for here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApHOE-Ru-xkGgZkOsFQKbDmNCiBGEw?e=7syjt2

Old versions here:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApHOE-Ru-xkG5VkiNUkN_3MZd5RI

and enjoy !

The download links are dead T.T

Reply 794 of 890, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Kitraiden wrote on 2020-11-15, 15:03:

No trouble here. You may have some sort of web browser issue.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 795 of 890, by VCC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello there, thank you for your work on all this fixes and patches! I have a question for you regarding the Arsunt exe for Tomb Raider 2.

What I am trying to do is run The Golden Mask expansion through it, while also using texture swapping with your patch. The problem I am having is that to run golden mask through Arsunt, I need to use a command line option, -gold, and I have no idea how I would go about doing that with your patch.

Reply 796 of 890, by Kitraiden

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Stiletto wrote on 2020-11-15, 22:53:
Kitraiden wrote on 2020-11-15, 15:03:

No trouble here. You may have some sort of web browser issue.

You were right ^^, thanks.

Reply 797 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
VCC wrote on 2020-11-15, 22:55:

Hello there, thank you for your work on all this fixes and patches! I have a question for you regarding the Arsunt exe for Tomb Raider 2.

What I am trying to do is run The Golden Mask expansion through it, while also using texture swapping with your patch. The problem I am having is that to run golden mask through Arsunt, I need to use a command line option, -gold, and I have no idea how I would go about doing that with your patch.

Two options:

1 ) Open the "Tomb raider II - Arsunt.ini" file with a text editor and add the line:
args=-gold

2) Use the add game button, and on the arguments field enter -gold

Reply 798 of 890, by VCC

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Peixoto wrote on 2020-11-17, 12:29:
Two options: […]
Show full quote

Two options:

1 ) Open the "Tomb raider II - Arsunt.ini" file with a text editor and add the line:
args=-gold

Thanks this seems to have done the trick. It crashed at first but running the game again got it going. Oddly enough though texture swapping seems to turn off whenever I start a new game in the expansion (It was working on the main menu)

Reply 799 of 890, by Peixoto

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
VCC wrote on 2020-11-17, 20:49:
Peixoto wrote on 2020-11-17, 12:29:
Two options: […]
Show full quote

Two options:

args=-gold

Thanks this seems to have done the trick. It crashed at first but running the game again got it going. Oddly enough though texture swapping seems to turn off whenever I start a new game in the expansion (It was working on the main menu)

What do you mean with that? Did you try to replace textures and it didn't work ? Texture packs made for TR 2 don't work with golden mask, those are different textures