Reply 80 of 91, by darry
khyypio wrote on 2020-10-23, 21:06:
So I changed the 40-pin IDE-ribbon to 80-pin cable and that did the trick! Now DMA works and when I ran the benchmark, the results made me so excited I almost started screaming 😁 Here, look at those numbers and that beautiful cohesive curve!
Now I can finally continue working on my video! You guys have been a tremendous help, without your input this probably would´ve just left undone. So thanks everybody, big thankies all around!!!
Really happy that it worked and, lucky you, your board does not default to UDMA66 like mine does . My guess is your issue with UDMA was likely due to your board trying to do UDMA100 over a 40-conductor cable. Your IDE to SD card probably tops off at UDMA33 in terms of advertized speed capabilities, so it just worked . So your issue was either due to a BIOS bug or your cable was out of spec in a way that made the board think it had 80 conductors (I believe pin 34 is used for that).