VOGONS

First post, by logjammer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello,

I have tried searching high and low and utilizing multiple driver downloads, but cannot get the CS4327b sound card to work in DOS mode on this Laptop.

Utilizing the official Dell driver or the ones posted on this site, I am presented with the following issue every time I run cwdinit.exe or cwbinit.exe depending on the driver version:
Inadequate configuration to download Firmware code.

If I try to run the init with a /A, the following error occurs: Cannot find C:\Windows\CWDAUDIO.WCM.

I hope that it is something simple that I am missing.

Currently Win95 OSR 2.5 with Plus! is installed. I have tried with Win98 SE, but get the same results.

If there is someone with a set of Factory Restore Media I would be incredibly appreciative!

Thanks!

Justin

Reply 1 of 2, by logjammer

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Quick update. I had to change the settings of the Audio in the BIOS to Auto instead of PnP Os. This seems to let the card function properly. I am able to run the cwbinit.exe from the official Dell driver with the /O command and the firmware downloads. The CWBMix application then seems to function. I will test with DOS Games to confirm function.

Now to figure out why there is no DOSSTART.BAT created and tweak config.sys and autoexec.bat appropriately.
And then to figure out why PCMCIA Card Services has no driver in Win95 OSR 2.5 and the USB driver.