VOGONS

ATI Color Emulation Card

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 26, by Anonymous Coward

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does anyone know where this card was found? Was it a system pull?

"Will the highways on the internets become more few?" -Gee Dubya
V'Ger XT|Upgraded AT|Ultimate 386|Super VL/EISA 486|SMP VL/EISA Pentium

Reply 23 of 26, by Benedikt

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Anonymous Coward wrote on 2020-12-24, 01:52:

Does anyone know where this card was found? Was it a system pull?

Presumably on a junk pile. Pin headers don't bend themselves. There's also some visible corrosion.

Reply 24 of 26, by olidlavoie

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey guys, i know this is an old thread, but not as old as over on VCFED, here is my Color/Emulation card, from a Kingtech branded Compaq portable 1 clone, it has a DB9 connector used for the monochrome amber CRT, and
a second connector which isn't there on the other card in this thread, as well as the second bank of dipswitches, and some more components on board, guessing it was the higher end version! If you need more pictures, want to see the computer it was in, or need any tests or something run on it, let me know!
https://imgur.com/gallery/UPOeM1e

Reply 25 of 26, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
olidlavoie wrote on 2022-10-25, 02:11:

Hey guys, i know this is an old thread, but not as old as over on VCFED, here is my Color/Emulation card, from a Kingtech branded Compaq portable 1 clone, it has a DB9 connector used for the monochrome amber CRT, and
a second connector which isn't there on the other card in this thread, as well as the second bank of dipswitches, and some more components on board, guessing it was the higher end version! If you need more pictures, want to see the computer it was in, or need any tests or something run on it, let me know!
https://imgur.com/gallery/UPOeM1e

32kb of ram and an onboard parallel port

Reply 26 of 26, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had this early type but eventually burnt out due to six PAL ICs overheating with use that cooked the PCB under them turning individually brown spots.

One that was not smart buy was ATI Ultra ISA in 1993. Slow for games. Replaced that with Hercules Dynamite VL based on Tseng ET4000w32 i/p, yes i/p chipset, 2MB VLB card. The guy who promoted that Dynamite, but I couldn't find good informal reviews of selection of VLB cards back in that day in 1993, all I had is magazines with their biased reviews. I would had gone with cheaper chipset but still fast VLB card if I had known.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.