VOGONS

Reply 40 of 55, by ZeebaEata

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Here is my solution for running Innocent Until Caught on freshly installed DOSBOX 0.74
1. Download the ct-voice.drv file from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByFEcFBDH6v8 … iew?usp=sharing
2. Copy the downloaded ct-voice.drv file to C:\SOUND\DRV on your DOSBOX's C:
3. Add SET SOUND=C:\SOUND to [autoexec] section of your DOSBOX 0.74 Options
4. Change sbtype=sb16 (or whatever there was) line in your DOSBOX 0.74 Options to sbtype=sbpro1
5. Install and run the game with Soundblaster support!

Reply 41 of 55, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

CT-VOICE.DRV can work w/o DEVICE=CTSB16.SYS and DEVICE=CTMMSYS.SYS in CONFIG.SYS?

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 42 of 55, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

Each SB model came with a CT-VOICE.DRV on its driver disk(s) that will only work with that model (it checks the DSP version). That is why it's usually necessary to change the sbtype= setting in DOSBox to match the driver for a particular SB model; however, there are hacked drivers included with a few DOS games that remove the DSP version check.

SB16 versions of CT-VOICE.DRV do not work in DOSBox 0.74, but most do work in SVN provided you use the sbtype=sb16 setting. There are later versions of the SB16 driver that require the CTSB16.SYS and CTMMSYS.SYS drivers, and these later versions don't work with DOSBox's internal DOS, although you can boot real DOS in SVN to get it working. In some cases you can substitute an earlier version of the SB16 driver that doesn't require the additional drivers for a later version that does, but you may also need to configure DOSBox SVN to use IRQ 5 for the SB16 (irq=5).

Reply 43 of 55, by MatchesMalone

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZeebaEata wrote on 2017-05-29, 17:27:
Here is my solution for running Innocent Until Caught on freshly installed DOSBOX 0.74 1. Download the ct-voice.drv file from h […]
Show full quote

Here is my solution for running Innocent Until Caught on freshly installed DOSBOX 0.74
1. Download the ct-voice.drv file from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByFEcFBDH6v8 … iew?usp=sharing
2. Copy the downloaded ct-voice.drv file to C:\SOUND\DRV on your DOSBOX's C:
3. Add SET SOUND=C:\SOUND to [autoexec] section of your DOSBOX 0.74 Options
4. Change sbtype=sb16 (or whatever there was) line in your DOSBOX 0.74 Options to sbtype=sbpro1
5. Install and run the game with Soundblaster support!

This worked for me, thanks!

Reply 44 of 55, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I am messing with the game but I cannot really understand where the SB SFX are heard.
First I tested with my retail CD and a 386DX+SB2 system, ct-voice.drv loaded fine but I heard no sfx in the intro at all
so I moved to dosbox and tried SB combos and drivers from Akuma's pack. No issues loading but again all I get is music in the intro...
so anyone knows if the intro has any sfx playback? or where exactly the sfx playback can be tested?
thanks!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 45 of 55, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

AFAICT, there's no PCM sound in the intro, and only a little during gameplay. At the start of the game, when the shuttle lands at the spaceport there is some hiss of thrusters, and if you go out the front door of the spaceport and wait awhile a taxi will go by and honk its horn.

Reply 46 of 55, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

oh wow, that little? I was expecting spaceship noises at least...
will have to listen closer then, thanks ripsaw8080!

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website

Reply 47 of 55, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This worked for me under DOSBox:

To prepare the game:
1. Download SoundDriverPack102.7z
2. Create a 'DRV' folder in the 'IUC' folder
3. Extract '/CT-VOICE.DRV/DOSBOX/1.14/SB15/CT-VOICE.DRV' into it.
(this is the most compatible driver, see here)
3. Extract '/CT-VOICE.DRV/DOSBOX/3.07/SB16/CT-VOICE.DRV' into it.

To run the game:
4. SET SOUND=.
5. IUC.BAT

EDIT: Seems SFX effects did not play with the 1.14, the 3.07 however works fine.

Reply 48 of 55, by Akuma

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Had some time on my hands today and did some more testing in DOSBox.
These are the CT-VOICE.DRV/DOSBOX drivers from the Sound Driver Pack here.

iuc_dosbox_sbtype_matrix.png
Filename
iuc_dosbox_sbtype_matrix.png
File size
7.23 KiB
Views
File comment
dosbox sbtype matrix
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Some of them work, others do not.
DOSBox default is SB16, so I would go for the v3.xx drivers first.

Its also important to note that clone cards have similar problems.
Genuine Soundblasters seem to work fine (thanks keropi 😀)

If you have some hardware and are willing to do some testing, let us know if it works or not. The example video added below has the thrustersound that ripsaw8080 pointed out.

Filename
iuc_audio.mp3
File size
141.5 KiB
Downloads
77 downloads
File comment
audio
File license
iuc_video.gif
Filename
iuc_video.gif
File size
187.45 KiB
Views
File comment
video
File license

Reply 49 of 55, by DOStopic

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Akuma wrote on 2021-01-08, 21:07:
This worked for me under DOSBox: […]
Show full quote

This worked for me under DOSBox:

To prepare the game:
1. Download SoundDriverPack102.7z
2. Create a 'DRV' folder in the 'IUC' folder
3. Extract '/CT-VOICE.DRV/DOSBOX/1.14/SB15/CT-VOICE.DRV' into it.
(this is the most compatible driver, see here)
3. Extract '/CT-VOICE.DRV/DOSBOX/3.07/SB16/CT-VOICE.DRV' into it.

To run the game:
4. SET SOUND=.
5. IUC.BAT

EDIT: Seems SFX effects did not play with the 1.14, the 3.07 however works fine.

Hello, Akuma!
No way to have SFX with a "Roland/Blaster" soundcard configuration! The game won't start with 3.07 (crash before the copy protection screen). If I choose 1.13 or 1.14 the game have music (Roland) but no SFX ...

Reply 54 of 55, by ripsaw8080

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Author
Rank
DOSBox Author

In case you are seeing an "Unable to install sound driver" error message, a reminder that the 3.x versions of CT-VOICE.DRV won't initialize in DOSBox 0.74(-3), you need to use an SVN build.