VOGONS

AWE64 Legacy

Topic actions

Reply 520 of 779, by BloodyCactus

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

thats really cool. way outside my budget but I know you will sell them all! 😀 good luck

--/\-[ Stu : Bloody Cactus :: [ https://bloodycactus.com :: http://kråketær.com ]-/\--

Reply 523 of 779, by CMB75

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
hard1k wrote on 2021-02-09, 13:00:
Hello guys! […]
Show full quote

Hello guys!

You've been waiting for so long, and, finally, we're here - reseasing our AWE64 Legacy card.
It will be like this:
AWE64 Legacy (final render, front).pngAWE64 Legacy (final render, rear).png

It's already ordered:
AWE64 Legacy (final PCBs order).png

Estimated start of sales - April-May 2021. No pre-orders, priority will be given to those who is listed in the credits in the first post (authors of other projects that we've built upon), participated in the questionnaire, and beta testers.

Prices:
€300 - assembled PCB, PayPal as a gift
€270 - assembled PCB, PayPal as a gift, during the 1st week after we announce the start of orders, only for those who have priority (see above)
€100 - bare PCB* only with metal bracket, PayPal as a gift
€80 - bare PCB* only with metal bracket, RC1 revision with a minor bug that's been fixed, PayPal as a gift, EARLY SALES FOR THIS OPTION START RIGHT NOW

* Note: bare PCBs will not include any components, just the PCB itself and metal bracket. You will have to procure everything according to the BOM and assemble it yourself. No warranty, explicit or implied.

Worldwide shipping is available, but not included in the mentioned prices.

Awesome news, I’d take a fully assembled one. How do I know if I’m (still) on the list?It’s like Xmas in spring...

Last edited by CMB75 on 2021-02-10, 17:53. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 527 of 779, by Hezus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Really good work there! They're a bit outside my price range and I'm already using an AWE 64 Gold, so I'm good. But I'm looking forward to see the review videos from those who are ordering one 😀

Visit my YT Channel!

Reply 531 of 779, by mattrock1988

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

This looks great! I plan to place an order as soon as the page goes up.

Retro PC: Intel Pentium III @ 1 GHz, Intel SE440BX-2, 32 GB IDE DOM, 384 MB SDRAM, DVD-ROM, 1.44 MB floppy, Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 AGP, Creative SoundBlaster AWE64 Gold, Aureal Vortex 2
I only rely on 86box these days. My Pentium 3 PC died. 🙁

Reply 534 of 779, by Tiido

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Congrats ~

As far as the gift thing goes, doing it for commercial reasons is eventually going to get PPs attention and can lead to account suspension since it is against their usage policy. It is why I do all my PP things through invoices.

T-04YBSC, a new YMF71x based sound card & Official VOGONS thread about it
Newly made 4MB 60ns 30pin SIMMs ~
mida sa loed ? nagunii aru ei saa 😜

Reply 535 of 779, by H_Rush

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Want to see some real photos of NQS (pre-release sample)?
Here you go:
Front view

Persp view

Green glued element near Wave Blaster header is fixed in release version. Also the PCB will be matte black, just as 2nd prototype (Rev. 1.10).

Last edited by H_Rush on 2021-02-12, 19:06. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 536 of 779, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

How many will be available, and what would be needed to make another batch in the future? I am just feeling paranoid, because I desperately need one of these cards! I check my email every day for updates, and put my retrobox on hold until I know if I can get one (I do have the cash.)

hard1k wrote on 2021-02-09, 13:00:
Hello guys! […]
Show full quote

Hello guys!

And we're out of beta. We're releasing on time!
Renders of the final revision:
AWE64 Legacy (final render, front).pngAWE64 Legacy (final render, rear).png

It's already ordered:
AWE64 Legacy (final PCBs order).png

Estimated start of sales - April-May 2021. No pre-orders, priority will be given to those who is listed in the credits in the first post (authors of other projects that we've built upon), participated in the questionnaire, and beta testers.

Prices:
€300 - assembled PCB, PayPal as a gift
€270 - assembled PCB, PayPal as a gift, during the 1st week after we announce the start of orders, only for those who have priority (see above)
€100 - bare PCB* only with metal bracket, PayPal as a gift
€80 - bare PCB* only with metal bracket, RC1 revision with a minor bug that's been fixed, PayPal as a gift, EARLY SALES FOR THIS OPTION START RIGHT NOW

* Note: bare PCBs will not include any components, just the PCB itself and metal bracket. You will have to procure everything according to the BOM and assemble it yourself. No warranty, explicit or implied.

Worldwide shipping (from Moscow, Russia) is available, but not included in the mentioned prices.

Reply 537 of 779, by igna78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A fantastic card, it packs everything I want. I hope you will be able to produce enough and therefore have the opportunity to buy it (it was possible I would have already ordered it). However, the most sincere congratulations. Little curiosity, what software should you use to manage the card? Unisound or Creative Drivers? Thank you