VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello all, some of you might remember me from a few years ago. I used to make videos on YouTube under the name Transcendental Airwaves, and I had a massive hoard of Packard Bell computers. I got out of the hobby but as of late I've been feeling a bit of the 90's nostalgia again, I recently got a stable income now working a full time job and I think I might start collecting and making videos once again. Even thinking of rebranding my channel. How has everyone else been, how's the hobby going? I've noticed prices have gone up quite a bit since I last looked, it's a bit ridiculous now actually. 🤣 I was looking at Beige ATX computer cases cause I was thinking of rebuilding my sleeper PC but I'll be darned if I'm going to pay 150$ for a computer case from the late 90's. 🤣

Check me out at Transcendental Airwaves on Youtube! Fast-food sucks!

Reply 1 of 7, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Good to see things are going well mate. Yeah prices have gone up for ye oldde stuff but there still are bargins to be had. Right time, right place and all that. May stuff has doubled or tripled in price in the last 3 or so years. I'm happy with that.

Anyway good to see you are back.

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 2 of 7, by winuser_pl

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, I think you shouldn't rebrand. I'm one of the subscribers of the channel and I have to say that you've made some nice brand on youtube and I'll watch any video you upload. There is no reason to waste this brand, please upload new videos on the same channel 😀 Your videos were made in a semi-professional way, very informative and had this 'retro taste' that many other channels are missing.

I also loved the intro, please don't change that 😀

PC1: Highscreen => FIC PA-2005, 64 MB EDO RAM, Pentium MMX 200, S3 Virge + Voodoo 2 8 MB
PC2: AOpen => GA-586SG, 512 MB SDRAM, AMD K6-2 400 MHz, Geforce 2 MX 400

Reply 3 of 7, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Aww thank you I really appreciate that, I wanted to rebrand and make it more retro tbh. I've come up with an easier to spell name and a much nicer logo, the content will remain largely the same but done a bit more professionally (better lighting and camera). It will be the same channel though I'm basically just reskinning it and updating my welcome video to kind of bring everything onto the same playing field. 🤣 As for the intro to each video I did indeed plan on simplifying it but it's another custom animation. I'll make a video explaining it all as soon as I can (I'd do it right now but I've got a bit ol' bruise on my forehead where I collided with a cabinet 🤣). 😁

Reply 4 of 7, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

it's a nice channel, enjoyed the PC reviews and the typewriter content was good too!

if you do update maybe keep things different from the typical 'thumbnail of guy with 'wow' expression pointing at component with big letters "Crysis at 60fps, WTF?" in big yellow writing' type of channel!

I'm sure if you decide to update it what you come up with will be fine anyway 😀

anyway, a question - in your view stats did anyone watch the lotus 1-2-3 training all the way through?

I'm glad it's up there for the preservation. mixed content around themes of tech work well, it doesn't have to be too focussed. tech channels by 'regular folk' tend to be better if the mix content a little in my view

Reply 6 of 7, by King_Corduroy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks guys! I'm just hoping my enthusiasm doesn't wane again now that I kinda realized that I've owned mostly everything I wanted or sought after at one point or another so I'm not quite sure where to go from here but yeah I'll at least be making a few videos in the very near future and also I don't know actually! (about the lotus video) I did however have the man with the glasses from the video comment on it which was pretty cool. He apparently was an accountant for many years and has now retired to do painting and give lectures. 🤣 Also yeah I don't think it'll change too much I was thinking about making it more branded but we'll see I may or may not. I think I will for cohesiveness at very least though. 🤣

Reply 7 of 7, by gerry

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
King_Corduroy wrote on 2021-02-25, 06:44:

Thanks guys! I'm just hoping my enthusiasm doesn't wane again now that I kinda realized that I've owned mostly everything I wanted or sought after at one point or another so I'm not quite sure where to go from here but yeah I'll at least be making a few videos in the very near future and also I don't know actually! (about the lotus video) I did however have the man with the glasses from the video comment on it which was pretty cool. He apparently was an accountant for many years and has now retired to do painting and give lectures. 🤣 Also yeah I don't think it'll change too much I was thinking about making it more branded but we'll see I may or may not. I think I will for cohesiveness at very least though. 🤣

that's one the things I love about youtube - when an old video gets seen by someone who was in it, like when someone in the comments on an old movie clip says "hey that's me, i was Cop #2 in that scene"

youtube and the wonder of millions of people with old vhs tapes with some willing to use capture tech and publish online brings back so much!

well the same goes for your video, i'm glad the 1-2-3 guy is doing well in retirement, great that he contacted you, i searched the comments to find it 😀