VOGONS

First post, by vintagely

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I mean what's the deal? Since i'm having a bad time getting a Dynamic Drive Overlay to work on my hdd i'm having a terrible feeling that since my boot hdd is configured as secondary master that's the reason i couldn't get DDO to work. My mobo is a MB520N with latest official bios.

Reply 2 of 4, by vintagely

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Warlord wrote on 2021-02-23, 11:35:

why isn't it primary master?

Maybe because i just took the first ide cable near my hand? 😁 Anyway i just want to know the difference and consequences from a technical point of view, if anyone can explain briefly.

Reply 3 of 4, by Oetker

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I believe that in theory primary/secondary IDE should be independent controllers, but who knows what might be going on with your setup. Unless you 1. managed to get a hd to boot without overlay software on the secondary channel and 2. managed to get the overlay software to work on the primary channel, it's all useless speculation. Just take the effort to switch over the cable, I bet the result will be the same.

Reply 4 of 4, by Warlord

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

maybe it doesn't matter, maybe it does. WHo knows. All I know is I set up my boot drive as primary master and my CD as 2ndary master, and thats always worked for me. If you can't get DDO to work there is always other options like XTIDE BIOS