VOGONS

Common searches

PC games on consoles

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 27, by duga3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Civilization (2006) - NGAGE (link) (link)
Civilization for N-Gage is a handheld version of a popular strategy series. However, it's not a port of any existing episodes, but a separate entry based on the rules of the second and the third games. Graphically, it's also similar to Civilization II, however the interface was adapted for device' much smaller screen size and resolution, as well as for its cell phone-like keyboard.

Call of Duty (2004) - NGAGE (link)
First CoD game was on PC only. Then there was also this. I am not sure how close it is to the original PC version though. It looks pretty bad.

Red Faction (2001-2003) - PS2, NGAGE (link) (link)

98/XP multi-boot system with P55 chipset (build log)
Screenshots
10Hz FM

Reply 21 of 27, by duga3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A destiny similar to Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (2005) also had this one:

Midtown Madness 3 (2003) - XBOX (link)
The previous 2 installments were PC exclusives. Midtown Madness 3 is the first (and last game) of the series to ever release on consoles, and was not released on PC.

98/XP multi-boot system with P55 chipset (build log)
Screenshots
10Hz FM

Reply 23 of 27, by thepirategamerboy12

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

One that sticks out for me would be Atlantis: The Lost Tales from 1997 by Cryo. In 1998 it got ports to the Sega Saturn and PS1, and neither of them are nearly as good as the Windows/DOS PC original. First link is the Saturn version and the second is the PS1 version. In both, the visuals are much blockier compared to the original, the music loops are shorter, and the most jarring thing is that now only the characters' mouths are animated. I do have to say, though, I think the game controls surprisingly well with a controller when I tried out the Saturn version.
(link) (link)

Reply 24 of 27, by Joseph_Joestar

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Diablo 1 for the original PlayStation is pretty interesting.

The overall resolution is lower, but it has some nice visual effects such as water reflections and improved lighting from torches and spells. It also uses non-interlaced intro/outro movies which look great on a CRT TV.

PC#1: Pentium MMX 166 / Soyo SY-5BT / S3 Trio64V+ / Voodoo1 / YMF719 / AWE64 Gold / SC-155
PC#2: AthlonXP 2100+ / ECS K7VTA3 / Voodoo3 / Audigy2 / Vortex2
PC#3: Athlon64 3400+ / Asus K8V-MX / 5900XT / Audigy2
PC#4: i5-3570K / MSI Z77A-G43 / GTX 970 / X-Fi

Reply 25 of 27, by Jorpho

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

There were a couple of different versions of Fallout and Baldur's Gate on consoles, were there not? I didn't follow that very closely, but I understood they were pretty different from the computer versions anyway.

Metal Marines also comes to mind, but apparently that was a SNES game first and a console game later. It seems to be remembered for doing some rather clever things with the Windows GUI, though I never really learned what the differences are between the various different versions.
https://youtu.be/KiiAUP1fG14

Reply 26 of 27, by digger

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dune II, the much-beloved PC game that popularized the RTS genre, also came out for the SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis.

The PC version was known to make the best of the Adlib/OPL2 FM synthesizer found in most sound cards. (Frank Klepacki remains my favourite game music composer of all time!) Interestingly, the SEGA version had a completely different sound track, even though the Mega Drive/Genesis had an OPN2 FM synthesizer that sounded similar to the OPL2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8q93dDB_O0

Reply 27 of 27, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Out of this World - snes -
Original Game 1991 “Another World”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Another ... ideo_game)

Always thought (at the time) it was an amazing game but after finally playing it
It is a gotta do everything as prescribed game of memorization.
Still decent looking for a “cinematic “ sSNES game