VOGONS

First post, by whitepawn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
Recently i bought PSC-486 board about 7$ with cpu and ram.I found out power pins on connector 11 via a multimeter.
Hooked isa graphics card to it with my diy isa adapter and powered on board, it just works fine but i want to test it with other socket 3 cpu's and play it for just fun.I have searched online for cpu speed and voltage jumper settings and manual for this board but no information available sadly.
Could anyone point me right direction?I have basic electronics skills but cannot identify which jumper is which.
Attached photos to post.
Thanks in advance.

Here is the whole dropbox folder with working video.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/n6uqy74s6e5upkm/AA … C4fBlFusra?dl=0

Attachments

Reply 2 of 13, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The POST string is "07/18/96-ALI-1487/89-2A4KDD34C-00" if that can help anyone ... I also read "KU32C-01" on the POST screen.

I couldn't find anything about this card even with the POST string. No manufacturer, no manual, no nothing ...
All the informations I could find were the infos you posted and auction sites.

The best you can do is to figure out the jumpers by yourself I think.

Can you dump its bios so I can upload it to UH19 ? (see my signature). If you make any progress, please report so this board gets better documentation 😀

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 3 of 13, by whitepawn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Many thanks for your reply.I also searched POST sting but as you said i could only find: https://www.wimsbios.com/chipset/2A4KD.jsp simililar post string.((2A4KD)Ali chipsetand (D3) Digicom?)
How can i identify jumper settings with a multimeter?Is there any guide for this?
I have tried to dump with "UniFlash v2.00.SPI.RC03" but it cannot identify bios chip sadly.Are there any other programs for it that i can try?
If helps i can remove chip and try to read it with eeprom reader (i dont have reader but i can find someone who has).
I will update post if i found something useful.

Last edited by whitepawn on 2021-03-01, 20:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 4 of 13, by Deksor

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Reading the bios with a eeprom reader would be perfect.

I have no experience in retro-engineering jumpers personally but I know some people here do. They'll probably post their thoughts here when they see this thread 😀

Many thanks for that uniflash version ! I've been using that software before but I never knew someone made a version "2.0" !

Trying to identify old hardware ? Visit The retro web - Project's thread The Retro Web project - a stason.org/TH99 alternative

Reply 5 of 13, by whitepawn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok i will find someone who is willing to read eeprom chip and attach to post.
Already then lets wait retro engineers:)
I just found 2.0 version on this site: https://soggi.org/motherboards/bios-update-fl … h-utilities.htm is this legit one?If you have any program suggestions i can try with these programs on DOS.

Reply 6 of 13, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Digicom (or American Digicom as they are called full) seem to have been sold to another company at some time. Some of their products show up under the IEI brand but I'm not too sure yet.

The digicomgroup website is not what we are looking for, can find only a few relabeled jetway/chaintech/pcpartner bioses in there.

If I find more info I will post it here.

Reply 7 of 13, by whitepawn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just a quick update.I found out this board is manufactured by IEI.Requested datasheet from their contact info.
https://www.ieiboards.net/iei/psc-486
I will update this post if i found more information.

Reply 8 of 13, by whitepawn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi again,
I was able to backup bios with uniflash and tested backed up bios with another bios flash chip.Basicly first i backuped bios and hotflashed a spare chip with another socket 7 board, then i removed original bios chip and installed hotflashed spare chip. System booted fine so you can trust this bios file.Please add your database for future reference.Here is the bios and cmos backups:

Filename
psc486bios.rar
File size
68.03 KiB
Downloads
57 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Please add any information if available.

Reply 9 of 13, by evasive

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
whitepawn wrote on 2021-03-09, 10:51:

Just a quick update.I found out this board is manufactured by IEI.Requested datasheet from their contact info.
https://www.ieiboards.net/iei/psc-486
I will update this post if i found more information.

This site is not affiliated with IEI Integration Corp.

I'll see if I can find the old IEI website and if they have ever uploaded manuals.

Reply 10 of 13, by whitepawn

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,
I found the datasheet of PSC-486 VER:C here attaching to post:

Filename
PSC-486VERC.pdf
File size
92.25 KiB
Downloads
88 downloads
File comment
Manual
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Also here is the PSC-486VGA:

Filename
PSC-486vga.pdf
File size
98.31 KiB
Downloads
84 downloads
File comment
Manual VGA
File license
CC-BY-4.0

Thanks everyone for their helps.

Reply 11 of 13, by imi

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
whitepawn wrote on 2021-03-11, 11:38:
Did you tried to boot this board?I have booted mine but yours is VGA version of it.I finally found manuals for both ver:c and VG […]
Show full quote

Did you tried to boot this board?I have booted mine but yours is VGA version of it.I finally found manuals for both ver:c and VGA versions.Please check my post:
PSC-486 VER:C Jumper or manual information needed
If you can test it please make a backup your bios and add my topic if possible.I want to compare it with my version.Detailed pictures also help.
It is off-topic in here to disscuss about his board so please post your toughts in my topic.

thank you for the manual ^^ I can rip the BIOS and take better pictures, but I'm really busy lately, so might take a bit.

Reply 13 of 13, by Dillon Electronics

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
whitepawn wrote on 2021-03-11, 11:23:
Hi, I found the datasheet of PSC-486 VER:C here attaching to post: PSC-486VERC.pdf Also here is the PSC-486VGA: PSC-486vga.pdf T […]
Show full quote

Hi,
I found the datasheet of PSC-486 VER:C here attaching to post:
PSC-486VERC.pdf
Also here is the PSC-486VGA:
PSC-486vga.pdf
Thanks everyone for their helps.

Where did you get these? I'm having a hell of a time trying to find one for a SSC-486VGA Ver.B