VOGONS

First post, by AwServant

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So i'm just trying to play shadow warrior on dosbox and as the title says, there is no music. when I go to options in the game the music bar is greyed out so I can't change the music at all. The sound effects work, its just the music.

Reply 2 of 6, by krcroft

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Fortunately Shadow Warrior (1997) is free on Steam.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/238070/Sha … r_Classic_1997/

AwServant, if you've first run Shadow Warrior's setup tool, then choose MIDI music on port 330 for your music driver.

Then ensure MIDI is setup in your DOSBox configuration (.conf) file. First couple hits on Google for "DOSBox midi" will help.

Also note that if you're running Linux, you'll need a MIDI player (like QSynth or Timidity++), or supported via the kernel's sequencer interface.

If you get further and still have issues, let us know these details (operating system, midi player, etc) so we might provide working examples.

Reply 6 of 6, by Pierre32

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I support the forum rules of course, and if someone seems to be asking for help with a dodgy copy then they should be directed to a legit source. But it seems that some people are just frothing to catch out a newbie rather than say, imparting some education and respect for the hobby in a welcoming manner.

Welcome to the forums o_o