Topic actions

Reply 160 of 169, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
donkom wrote on 2020-09-30, 18:15:

Happy to fill in this potentially vital missing piece of the puzzle! 😀

It's now been updated in place on VOGONSDrivers (only SquallStrife can do this), so you don't need to update your links.
Link: http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=1472

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 161 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A video about the Unisys Aquanta HS/6 (aka ALR 6x6). I take you through a quick tour of these monster Pentium Pro systems.

The Unisys Aquanta HS/6 aka ALR 6x6 Pentium Pro Monster Machine

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by liqmat on 2023-08-30, 22:29. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 162 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

After 2½ years since picking this haul up I finally shipped out the last box of NOS parts last month. Over 80% of this haul was given away for free (just the cost of shipping). To all those who believed in this not-for-profit endeavor I am so glad you benefited from this amazing find. It all went to good homes around the globe and stayed out of the hands of resellers and scrappers. More importantly I was able to archive the rarer documentation, drivers and software from this haul that were not available online and post some here at Vogons and most of it at minuszerodegrees.net. Thanks goes to VCFED member and -0° owner modem7 for facilitating that. A complete success for vintage computer preservation in my book. Mission accomplished.

FIN

PPro Cutting Edge.jpg
Filename
PPro Cutting Edge.jpg
File size
1.57 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Last edited by liqmat on 2021-05-21, 16:13. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 166 of 169, by konon007

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
liqmat wrote on 2021-02-23, 16:34:

After 2½ years since picking this haul up I finally shipped out the last box of NOS parts last month. Over 80% of this haul was given away for free (just the cost of shipping). To all those who believed in this not-for-profit endeavor I am so glad you benefited from this amazing find. It all went to good homes around the globe and stayed out of the hands of resellers and scrappers. More importantly I was able to archive the rarer documentation, drivers and software from this haul that were not available online and post some here at Vogons and most of it at minuszerodegrees.net. Thanks goes to VCFED member and -0° owner modem7 for facilitating that. A complete success for vintage computer preservation in my book. Mission accomplished.

FIN

PPro Cutting Edge.jpg

Great job, Liqmat!

Maybe do you have still some pentium pro 200/1M chips and PPro motherboards for sale/sharing?

Reply 167 of 169, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
konon007 wrote on 2021-02-25, 07:17:

Great job, Liqmat!

Maybe do you have still some pentium pro 200/1M chips and PPro motherboards for sale/sharing?

Unfortunately, I do not. Between the ALR 6x6 systems which require six Pentium Pro CPUs each and all the dual Socket 8 motherboards the entire inventory of CPUs was allocated.

Reply 168 of 169, by OzzFan

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just saw the YouTube video posted from January 12 and saw the links to this thread in the video description. So sad to learn I'm far too late. Those are quite nice systems! So envious of the people who got them.

A (mostly accurate) listing of my computer systems: http://www.shelteringoak.com/OzzNet/