VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Abandoned Witch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Abandoned Witch here and I am having problems with The History Channel: Civil War - A Nation Divided on Windows 7, since when I start the game I don't see any background, objects or character but only the gun graphics. So the game has corruption in graphics. Any solutions for it that restores the graphics like DGVoodoo or WineVDM would help? I remember this game and I wanted to play it again. The game is from 2005.

The Witch will never die!!! At least there is hope.
There's no one but you on my mind, searching for a perfect ending that we'll never find!

Reply 3 of 33, by Abandoned Witch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2021-03-18, 04:49:

WineVDM is a completely different thing. It runs 16 bit programs on 64 bit OS.
You could surely try dgVoodoo2

Okay I'll try with dgVoodoo2 and I hope it works.

There's no one but you on my mind, searching for a perfect ending that we'll never find!

Reply 4 of 33, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Abandoned Witch wrote on 2021-03-19, 04:44:

I found that the game used DirectX 9.0c. DirectX 9 shouldn't have any problems on Windows 7. Still dgVoodoo2 does dupport DirectX 9 with its d3d9.dll. If dgVoodoo2 doesn't work, it might be your drivers. What's you GPU and the driver version?

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 5 of 33, by Abandoned Witch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2021-03-19, 05:08:

I found that the game used DirectX 9.0c. DirectX 9 shouldn't have any problems on Windows 7. Still dgVoodoo2 does support DirectX 9 with its d3d9.dll. If dgVoodoo2 doesn't work, it might be your drivers. What's you GPU and the driver version?

My GPU is Nvidia GT 620, driver version 391.35
Also my Processor is an Intel i3-3210, though.
And I tried using dgvoodoo2 - but still not working.

Reply 6 of 33, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Abandoned Witch wrote on 2021-03-19, 10:01:
My GPU is Nvidia GT 620, driver version 391.35 Also my Processor is an Intel i3-3210, though. And I tried using dgvoodoo2 - but […]
Show full quote
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2021-03-19, 05:08:

I found that the game used DirectX 9.0c. DirectX 9 shouldn't have any problems on Windows 7. Still dgVoodoo2 does support DirectX 9 with its d3d9.dll. If dgVoodoo2 doesn't work, it might be your drivers. What's you GPU and the driver version?

My GPU is Nvidia GT 620, driver version 391.35
Also my Processor is an Intel i3-3210, though.
And I tried using dgvoodoo2 - but still not working.

391.35 is from 2k17 if I am not wrong. Why not upgrade to 460. And see the results there.

Reply 7 of 33, by belies040707

User metadata

See what User write in 2009, this Game will never work on Vista,

Get the XP-SP3 Pro 32Bit ISO without Key, on TPB the First Download. SO i install XP on 3 ATI-AMD Systems.

Burn it on CD, bud i dont know if you can make this with your System (backward Compatibility)

You should look on your Mainboard Drivers for XP.

Reply 8 of 33, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

There's a fix for this game, I can't link to it since it's on the largest Russian torrent tracker, but it shouldn't be hard to track down.

The game doesn't like dgVoodoo, high resolutions or Nvidia enforced anti-aliasing though. It will look like crap, better than on any XP machine you will find, but still crap.

Reply 12 of 33, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It's hosted on a piracy site, and linking to piracy sites isn't allowed here and just reposting the fix without asking the person who made it is a bit rude, but I can't imagine finding the largest Russian torrent tracker is difficult?

Reply 14 of 33, by Abandoned Witch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So I guess the fix loses foliage? I guess we had to wait for a true solution for it. I heard that using 3D-Analyze fixes it.

Reply 15 of 33, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Abandoned Witch wrote on 2021-03-20, 00:12:

So I guess the fix loses foliage? I guess we had to wait for a true solution for it. I heard that using 3D-Analyze fixes it.

3D analyzer and dxwnd enable a software feature for the game, probably because the hardware feature isn't working.

You could also use DxWnd for the same

Reply 16 of 33, by Abandoned Witch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2021-03-20, 03:56:

3D analyzer and dxwnd enable a software feature for the game, probably because the hardware feature isn't working.

You could also use DxWnd for the same

I hope 3D Analyze works, thanks for the advice. Btw does 3D Analyze saves screen resolution?

Reply 17 of 33, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Yes and no.

If you force software rendering, everything works, but on recent Windows 10 versions software rendering is unplayably slow. For now the best option is playing without foliage.

Reply 18 of 33, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote on 2021-03-22, 08:49:

Yes and no.

If you force software rendering, everything works, but on recent Windows 10 versions software rendering is unplayably slow. For now the best option is playing without foliage.

I never had to use 3D Analyze but what about putting a 'ddraw.dll' from DDrawCompat or dgVoodoo2 and then patching with 3D Analyzer.

Reply 19 of 33, by Abandoned Witch

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

If all methods for this game fails, I hope there is a SilentPatch for this game one day.