VOGONS

First post, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

AH, got a question about VSync forcing and STALKER,! It's a more wide concern, but you can see it well in STALKER.

If I force VSync with dgVoodoo2 using the panel native resolution and "centered" option for the scaling in the driver control panel (Display managed or GPU managed, there's no difference in result) I get the correct (expected) FPS -> 75 if the refresh rate of the monitor is 75
If I force VSync with dgVoodoo2 using the a minor resolution (1920x1200 like in the screenshots above) I get the frame centered as desired but HALF FPS -> 37 if the refresh rate of the monitor is 75

The same using "centered" option of dgVoodoo2 instead of the driver option (setting streched to "full panel" in the driver).
NO PROBLEM with "centered keeping aspect ratio" ! Perfect 75

Monitor is connected through DisplayPort and "centering" work without the GPU scaling enabled (Radeon RX 570, lastest - yesterday - drivers).

Reply 1 of 2, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote on 2021-03-20, 16:50:
AH, got a question about VSync forcing and STALKER,! It's a more wide concern, but you can see it well in STALKER. […]
Show full quote

AH, got a question about VSync forcing and STALKER,! It's a more wide concern, but you can see it well in STALKER.

If I force VSync with dgVoodoo2 using the panel native resolution and "centered" option for the scaling in the driver control panel (Display managed or GPU managed, there's no difference in result) I get the correct (expected) FPS -> 75 if the refresh rate of the monitor is 75
If I force VSync with dgVoodoo2 using the a minor resolution (1920x1200 like in the screenshots above) I get the frame centered as desired but HALF FPS -> 37 if the refresh rate of the monitor is 75

The same using "centered" option of dgVoodoo2 instead of the driver option (setting streched to "full panel" in the driver).
NO PROBLEM with "centered keeping aspect ratio" ! Perfect 75

Monitor is connected through DisplayPort and "centering" work without the GPU scaling enabled (Radeon RX 570, lastest - yesterday - drivers).

Unreal 2, D3D8, same problem (1920x1200 frame over 2560x1440 panel, 75 Hz, "Full Strech" option in the driver - no management - "centered" option in dgVoodoo2).

Unreal2-2021-03-21-11-52-25-662.jpg

Maybe it's a driver fault, dealing with centering the frame not dgVoodoo2's. Just reporting.
When the scaling management passes to dgVoodoo2 ("keep aspect ratio") all is working right.