VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Greetings,

As part of my Ultimate 1980-2000 build (Codename: Farnsworth; "State of the art, Alex!" - Nemesis (1992,) I purchased a Typhoon Voodoo1. The build will have a Voodoo 5, the V1, and a Voodoo SLI set up (when I can get the 2nd card and a cable.) This is to allow for ALL Glide games ever made to run. I ran the Tomb Raider demo in DOS, and it appears to be working. Lara was looking jagged, though the Toltec statues appear to be 3d accelerated as far as I can tell; so the V1 seems to be working (I do not have the V2 connected as of yet; I need a better quality pass through cable and I am having trouble finding decent and short ones.)

I have an old copy of Mechwarrior II that came with my Diamond Monster 3d card that I had, back in the day (young and dumb - I threw it out.) Knowing that essentially all V1s are the same, I installed it and started it up, after installing the Iceman drivers that I found over at Phil's Computer Lab. The game starts up in a little window (I have the desktop set to 1024x768.) I try to jump into a game mission, and when I do, it immediately goes to a "mission failed" screen.

Any ideas on getting this running? I have been waiting for YEARS to play this! I heard that the Titanium version is crap.

Scythifuge

Reply 1 of 2, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Scythifuge wrote on 2021-03-24, 15:29:
Greetings, […]
Show full quote

Greetings,

As part of my Ultimate 1980-2000 build (Codename: Farnsworth; "State of the art, Alex!" - Nemesis (1992,) I purchased a Typhoon Voodoo1. The build will have a Voodoo 5, the V1, and a Voodoo SLI set up (when I can get the 2nd card and a cable.) This is to allow for ALL Glide games ever made to run. I ran the Tomb Raider demo in DOS, and it appears to be working. Lara was looking jagged, though the Toltec statues appear to be 3d accelerated as far as I can tell; so the V1 seems to be working (I do not have the V2 connected as of yet; I need a better quality pass through cable and I am having trouble finding decent and short ones.)

I have an old copy of Mechwarrior II that came with my Diamond Monster 3d card that I had, back in the day (young and dumb - I threw it out.) Knowing that essentially all V1s are the same, I installed it and started it up, after installing the Iceman drivers that I found over at Phil's Computer Lab. The game starts up in a little window (I have the desktop set to 1024x768.) I try to jump into a game mission, and when I do, it immediately goes to a "mission failed" screen.

Any ideas on getting this running? I have been waiting for YEARS to play this! I heard that the Titanium version is crap.

Scythifuge

That mission failed is caused by dplay.dll.

Copy dplay.dll from the game cd to your game directory and try again

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 2 of 2, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Discrete_BOB_058 wrote on 2021-03-24, 16:36:
Scythifuge wrote on 2021-03-24, 15:29:
Greetings, […]
Show full quote

Greetings,

Scythifuge

That mission failed is caused by dplay.dll.

Copy dplay.dll from the game cd to your game directory and try again

Thank you. I copied the file and it still occurs. I can't get into training missions or and I get an immediate Mission Failed screen when attempting to launch a mission. The small game window is still present.