VOGONS

First post, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

About STALKER: just put the d3d9.dll (in the bin folder + bat for launch the engine from the root - work - dir) as always.
It starts with no problem but only with static lighting available no matter what you choose in the menu.

Reply 1 of 11, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote on 2021-03-15, 11:20:

About STALKER: just put the d3d9.dll (in the bin folder + bat for launch the engine from the root - work - dir) as always.
It starts with no problem but only with static lighting available no matter what you choose in the menu.

So, any idea about this behaviour?

Reply 2 of 11, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Note: I've already removed from the bin folder "d3dx9_31" and "d3dx9_34" maybe interfering

Shadow of Chernobyl 1.0006, no mods, game starting area

NO dgv2 (right rendering for "Full Dynamic Lighting"):
0.jpg

dgv2 "forced" static lighting no matter the menu choice:
1.jpg

Reply 6 of 11, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok, as it turned out, the game initializes D3D9 from both DllMain and later from regular code.
DllMain fails with dgVoodoo and that's what causes losing dynamic lighting (I guess the game queries some caps, texture formats and such from the DllMain instance).
Experimentally I forced DllMain to fail with native D3D9 and got the same wrong result.

So, I'm afraid dgVoodoo won't work with this game unless the game is patched (if possible at all).

Reply 9 of 11, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, let's wait a stable release of OpenXRay then!
Will test OGSR too ( if you wanna take a look, OGSR is specifically intended as a "drag&drop" SHoC engine replacement! -> https://github.com/OGSR/OGSR-Engine )

Reply 10 of 11, by vlad54rus

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The Steam version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. got a patch a year ago which addressed Dynamic Lighting not working on Intel Graphics (they run D3D9On12 internally). This patch also makes Dynamic Lighting functional on dgVoodoo2.