VOGONS

First post, by gp23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I hope this is okay to post here seeing as this forum seems to have many MT-32 owners!

I'm experiencing a strange phenomenon with my MT-32. It's a nasty digital distortion noise that is only heard on one of the patches - English Horn. It only manifests on D#3 and below, starting as a click at the attack and gradually increasing in duration and intensity further down the keyboard.

It's present at all volume settings. I'm using a PSA power supply (which is Roland's own recommended replacement for the original ACB) and have tried a PCB-1U with no difference. My MT-32 is a first revision 'old' model. ROM 1.04.

Interestingly, I also have an RA-50 and it displays exactly the same behaviour! Surely this isn't normal, is it? I haven't used either unit for some years, but I don't remember hearing this before.

Is this something anyone else has come across before? Would appreciate any ideas.

Attachments

• Filename
    MT32_englishhorn.mp3
    File size
    373.47 KiB
    Downloads
    81 downloads
    File license
    Public domain

Reply 2 of 2, by gp23

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thank you for that. I spent a while searching but I obviously didn't do a very good job!

Anyway, problem solved. I had my keyboard set at full 128 velocity, hence the issue. I'm just glad it's nothing serious 😀