VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2.7.x and related WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 402 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

GTA2 freezes with 3dfx mode (ALL dgVoodoo2 versions, and i think also dgVoodoo1 when XP was supported); this happen expecially when triple buffer is enabled (and this game doesn't support it)

It's happening also with nGlide program

Some years's ago with a very old PC with windows 98 GTA2 was freezing with triple buffer (in regedit there is a setting of it for GTA2) and this with a 3dfx Voodoo3 2000

in dgVoodoo2 where is Triple Buffer option? I have to disable it

with Half-life there are two cursors in-game with dgVoodoo2 (this with ddraw mode at least) and these don't work properly

Last edited by FulValBot on 2021-03-31, 18:29. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 403 of 474, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I release some additions and bugfixes to the latest WIP:

=========================
WIP79_1:
=========================

- Fixing a D3D12 cache bug (nv Chameleon demo)
- Implementing missing point-type fillmode (nv tech demos)
- Adding option DirectXExt\Default3DRenderFormat
- Fixing a bug with forced MSAA in D3D11/12 DX backend
- Glide fixings (Test Drive 5)
- Finetunig Glide (configured to Dosbox environment) window handling for Dosbox

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP79_1.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP79_1_dbg.zip

Basically I intend this to be the next version, if no serious problems reported.

Reply 407 of 474, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote on 2021-04-08, 22:07:

FPS limiter for Glide or D3D too?

For both, the presentation layer is common for them.

ZellSF wrote on 2021-04-09, 06:37:

Shouldn't 60 be one of the preset FPS limits (I know you can probably just type in a number)? It's going to be more useful than 1000.

I didn't have much idea for the most useful ones (but I guess limiting into range 25-60 makes the most sense, for old games), but I can change the preset in a subsequent patch version.

Reply 408 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here's what I'm thinking of potential framerate limit settings that makes sense:

15/20/25 = just general "low" framerates for games that pushed graphics and just expected 3D rendering to be slow.

30/35/60/70 = "common" "low" refresh rates, or halves of them. Likely targets, games might have been running so close refresh rate mismatch judder wasn't so bad.

That's for the compatibility part of it at least, some people might want to limit FPS to their refresh rate, or their refresh rate - 3 (common with variable sync monitors).

Reply 409 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Also I'm struggling to close dgVoodooCpl.exe with the newest version, any idea why that would be? It frequently just seems to freeze, rather than close. WIP79_1 and earlier are fine.

This is regardless of if I'm closing with "OK" or the titlebar button.

Reply 411 of 474, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, same problem with the control panel.

Preset for FPS limiter?
Typical options:
*30/60
*Vsync classic values (60,75,85,120,144)

Other options:
*Vsync classic values (60,75,85,120,144) + some FPS -> VSync testing
*Vsync classic values (60,75,85,120,144) - some FPS -> Adaptive Sync testing

Reply 412 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ZellSF wrote on 2021-04-09, 07:52:
Here's what I'm thinking of potential framerate limit settings that makes sense: […]
Show full quote

Here's what I'm thinking of potential framerate limit settings that makes sense:

15/20/25 = just general "low" framerates for games that pushed graphics and just expected 3D rendering to be slow.

30/35/60/70 = "common" "low" refresh rates, or halves of them. Likely targets, games might have been running so close refresh rate mismatch judder wasn't so bad.

That's for the compatibility part of it at least, some people might want to limit FPS to their refresh rate, or their refresh rate - 3 (common with variable sync monitors).

There are also some 12 fps games

Reply 416 of 474, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

That doesn't appear to be related to dgVoodoo (or the D3D12 render specifically):
https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Midtown_Mad … e_not_appearing

And fonts look fine; it's something with your setup: make sure dgVoodoo.conf is stock and make sure font smoothing is off.

Reply 419 of 474, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Yes i see that it was using Midtown.exe and fonts was broken

i forgot to edit desktop shortcut... i have already both .exe files...

yes, i confirm that with renamed .exe all fonts are good when Cleartype is disabled

Last edited by FulValBot on 2021-04-11, 21:29. Edited 1 time in total.