VOGONS

First post, by TSG

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The last version of Filezilla for Win95 won't connect to Modlands FTP server. Do any of you know of a FTP client that still works? I like listening to module tracks on WinAmp.

At some point once, I get a Linux machine going, I also want to be able to move files between the two machines by FTP.

Reply 1 of 14, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Leechftp ?

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 2 of 14, by elfoam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't remember the ftp to ftp we used in windows back in the 90s warez days.. But cuteftp and ws_ftp were among the best general clients. If I remember the other one I'll post and update later. You can do remote machine to remote machine with command line ftp anyway though.

Reply 5 of 14, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
elfoam wrote on 2021-04-17, 20:45:

I can't remember the ftp to ftp we used in windows back in the 90s warez days.. But cuteftp and ws_ftp were among the best general clients. If I remember the other one I'll post and update later. You can do remote machine to remote machine with command line ftp anyway though.

something fxp ... 😀

Do not ask Why !

Reply 6 of 14, by gdjacobs

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

WS_FTP LE for a GUI client. NCFTP for a CLI client.
http://omolini.steptail.com/mirror/win95/win9 … -1/ftp/ftp.html

All hail the Great Capacitor Brand Finder

Reply 7 of 14, by elfoam

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
weedeewee wrote on 2021-04-17, 20:59:

something fxp ... 😀

Man the memories of sending hundreds of megs here and there while on a 33k modem are flooding back to me, great days

Reply 10 of 14, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
elfoam wrote on 2021-04-17, 21:20:
weedeewee wrote on 2021-04-17, 20:59:

something fxp ... 😀

Man the memories of sending hundreds of megs here and there while on a 33k modem are flooding back to me, great days

Personally never did it, though knew some people that did...

That was a Flash... 😀

Do not ask Why !

Reply 12 of 14, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ipswitch ws_ftp? We used that at school in the dark "frame sites" era. 😉

Edit: There are Win32 ports of wget floating around..
Wget should be able to download from FTP, at least..

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 14 of 14, by keropi

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

indeed there is a 16bit TC version that works under 3.x
for 95 I would either try LeechFTP or some old version of FlashFXP
leechftp is free , FlashFXP on the other hand is not... and you cannot register the old versions or have your "modern" key work on such old versions... (I have been a legit user of it since many many years ...)
it is a great ftp client but you'll have to resort to other means of registering if you want to use it

🎵 🎧 PCMIDI MPU , OrpheusII , Action Rewind , Megacard and 🎶GoldLib soundcard website