User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
hard1k wrote on 2021-04-07, 13:30:
Hey guys, […]
Show full quote

Hey guys,

Good news - the boards have arrived, we'll start assembling them soon, so we're on schedule to start orders soon.

Regarding your questions:

agent_x007 wrote on 2021-02-19, 18:28:
So, if I bought bare PCB with bracket, to get all functions of the PCB I would need : 1) Creative CT4520 donor board 2) 32MB SI […]
Show full quote

So, if I bought bare PCB with bracket, to get all functions of the PCB I would need :
1) Creative CT4520 donor board
2) 32MB SIMM module
3) Soldering equipment/skills
Did I missed something (like caps/ICs/transistors/diodes [elements not present on either AWE donor board or SIMM module]) ?
If so, are there are other pieces that require other donor board(s) ?

Please find attached the exact BOM.

Scythifuge wrote on 2021-03-03, 18:05:

This sound card project got me excited about retro computing again!

Great to hear! 😁

shan2752 wrote on 2021-03-04, 23:11:

Are these available from a 3rd party in Europe? Thanks!

We don't consider any such options at the moment. We'll be shipping worldwide from Moscow, Russia.

vutt wrote on 2021-03-06, 21:31:

2 questions:
1) Will CT4500 work as donor?
2) Are you planning to provide SMD stencil blueprint for cleaner soldering workflow?

1) No, only CT4520.
2) No, but we can provide a file for you to make one if you wish.

cyberaxe wrote on 2021-03-26, 12:14:

I'm thinking of buying the bare pcb since i have an awe64 value already, what other components will i need? i couldnt see any info on what is required for that version.

Please see the BOM attached.

Bendejo wrote on 2021-04-07, 05:30:

Hi, I just discovered this awesome project and was interested in the bare pcb to try and put it together myself. How difficult would you say this would be?

Well, to be honest, that's not a task I would recommend for a beginner. If you're experienced in soldering small SMD components and/or have the necessary equipment, it shouldn't be VERY difficult either.

I can hardly wait! I will be ordering one, though I am slightly nervous. I bought a Tomato 4DPS mobo with the mouse bracket and a 486DX2 CPU, last month, and it still hasn't arrived. Once tracking information says that the item has left Russia, there is no more information. However, I ordered a Troll Bends Fir CD from a shop in Russia, and it arrived relatively quickly. That may have been prior to covid, however. I can't recall.

Reply 581 of 779, by igna78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I can't wait to be able to order the card .. well guys, realize that a card is mine! 😁😁😁

Seriously, I look forward to opening reservations to be able to buy one 😉

Reply 582 of 779, by God Of Gaming

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I hope by the time I get my first salary two weeks from now, these won't be completely sold out

1999 Dream PC project | DirectX 8 PC project | 2003 Dream PC project

Reply 585 of 779, by bitslasher

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am very interested in this also. I would love to buy the fully assembled version. I really appreciate you (and others) initiative and skill at making something like this a reality. It is worth every penny you're asking for that reason!

I just hope I don't miss the opportunity to get one. Forgive me if this has been explained somewhere, but is there a place to subscribe somehow to a mailing list that will notify when you're accepting orders?

Reply 586 of 779, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
bitslasher wrote on 2021-04-12, 02:54:

I am very interested in this also. I would love to buy the fully assembled version. I really appreciate you (and others) initiative and skill at making something like this a reality. It is worth every penny you're asking for that reason!

I just hope I don't miss the opportunity to get one. Forgive me if this has been explained somewhere, but is there a place to subscribe somehow to a mailing list that will notify when you're accepting orders?

You can use the "watch topic" function on the forum, then you'll get emails whenever someone posts a reply in this thread. I'm 100% sure hard1k will post in this thread whenever they are accepting orders.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 589 of 779, by DivideByZer0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, since I cant use messages yet, I was interested in ordering the bare PCB* only with metal bracket, RC1 revision with a minor bug that's been fixed, as long as they will work the same as the release version. I would order 2 of them if possible....

Reply 590 of 779, by Mayday

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Subscribed to the topic. Waiting for the announce guys, you rock.

Pentium III-S 1.4
Asus TUSL2-C
2x256Mb SDRAM Infineon PC133 CL2
Asus v8200 Pure 64Mb DDR SDRAM
BlackMagic Voodoo2 12Mb SLI
SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS

Reply 591 of 779, by Ulfenknulfen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I agree. The AWE64 Legacy is the consistent further development of the AWE64.
We should trust the Russian developers who have brought a lot of energy and passion to this project.
I'm sure it's going to be great, and I've written many times that I have an order as soon as it's done.

Ulf

🎵 Waveblaster Adaptor for IDE-HDD Swap Frames
🎧 Beepblaster 1.0 Wavetable Module
🎶 Roland MT-32 Buffer overflow Hardware Fix
🕹️🖱️USB HID Devices on PS/2 and Gameport.

Reply 592 of 779, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Bad news - our assembly process has to be postponed till June due to unexpected personal issues within the team.
Good news - bare boards (both RC1 and final ones) are ready to be shipped out, so if you dare to assemble it yourself, you can wait no longer!

mockingbird wrote on 2021-04-08, 00:53:
Can you please provide the ROM dumps for […]
Show full quote

Can you please provide the ROM dumps for

ATmega1284P-AU
GAL16V8D-25QJN

Thanks.

Will be provided to those who order the bare card.

God Of Gaming wrote on 2021-04-12, 18:10:

out of curiocity, how many units will be made in total?

50 units for the first run, split in loose PCBs and assembled cards. No plans for the second run as of now.

arny91 wrote on 2021-04-13, 15:57:

So the AWE64 Value CT4380 is not suitable either?

No.

DivideByZer0 wrote on 2021-04-18, 06:16:

Hi, since I cant use messages yet, I was interested in ordering the bare PCB* only with metal bracket, RC1 revision with a minor bug that's been fixed, as long as they will work the same as the release version. I would order 2 of them if possible....

Please check your PM. I need to know your location.

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 594 of 779, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
skel2raw wrote on 2021-04-22, 18:06:

I would be interested in a bare one if a parts list is provided!

BOM.pdf: download/file.php?id=107085
Assembly.pdf: download/file.php?id=107084

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 596 of 779, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The orders for assembled tested boards will be announced later, when we're able to confirm the ETA.
Meanwhile only orders for bare PCBs (AS IS, no warranty, explicit or implied) are open now.

AWE64 Legacy

Reply 597 of 779, by Ulfenknulfen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi hard1k.

I'll be there and I'll be happy to wait until June.
I understand that the card has to be made and that people invest time and money here privately.
Of course, I'm looking forward to the sound card like a little kid,
but I know what anticipation is and can enjoy it too 😀

Just keep it up, Ulf aka Patrick

Last edited by Ulfenknulfen on 2021-04-23, 10:37. Edited 1 time in total.

🎵 Waveblaster Adaptor for IDE-HDD Swap Frames
🎧 Beepblaster 1.0 Wavetable Module
🎶 Roland MT-32 Buffer overflow Hardware Fix
🕹️🖱️USB HID Devices on PS/2 and Gameport.