VOGONS

First post, by theoryboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

This is a Tidalwave TM6310AR card, and I am trying to get it working with a IBM 5151 Monitor without much success.
I have looked at images of other similar cards , but they are all 8jumper or 9jumper, where this as 10 jumpers.

file.php?mode=view&id=109154

These are probably what the jumpers do but any combo that makes sense to me does not work.
2 Printer Port Jumpers
Color/Mono
Auto switching
Character ROM Selection
Auto screen blanking selection
Color emulation selection
Font Selection

Attachments

Reply 1 of 4, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Any chance of getting a top view photo of both the front and back of the card, preferably without the warranty sticker.

If you got a vga card, you could install it together with the mda/cga? card if it is in mda mode. in dos you could then switch to it by using ' mode mono ' and ' mode co80 ' to get back to vga.
With the vga card in the computer you could at least find an idea about the jumpers for the printer port, I think you can set the io port, not sure though possibly 0x3BC, 0x378 and/or 0x278
I think the 5 pin header is for a light pen, though again, not sure.
Good luck.
edit: From a quick look at another card, I'm gonna say, leave all the jumpers off and then try it.
edit2: added the photo I found online. yes it's only 9 jumpers, but this one doesn't have an extra header, which I assume is for the light pen, and will probably have an enable/ disable jumper.

Attachments

• tm6310-mda.jpg
    Filename
    tm6310-mda.jpg
    File size
    356.58 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    tm6310ar-p2 mda/cga
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 2 of 4, by theoryboy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks, yea I spotted that, tried as they were labelled and shifted left 1 or right 1
I hope these shots come up ok

Attachments

Reply 3 of 4, by jklaiho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Necroing this thread, but I found this exact card on eBay, where the seller is claiming to have tested it to work. Attaching an image where the 10 jumper block is clearly visible. Hopefully this will still be of some use to someone!

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600.jpg
    File size
    247.3 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    eBay image of Gainward GW6311 card
    File license

Reply 4 of 4, by jklaiho

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yet another image from a different eBay auction, where it's being expressly sold as a Hercules card with no mention of CGA, also claimed to be tested working. Different jumper settings here.

Attachments

• s-l1600-3.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600-3.jpg
    File size
    295.95 KiB
    Views
    File comment
    Gainward GW6311, jumpered as Hercules?
    File license