VOGONS

First post, by seleryba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone.
There are a lot of new, still produced integrated circuits compatible with 30-years old hardware. We have new EEPROMS, EPROMS and other memory pieces pin-compatible with our old goodies.

Are there some new compatible cache ICs as well, available on sites like Mouser.com?

My main interest is to upgrade 386 and 486 motherboards. Buying cache chips from Aliexpress is a pointless work, most of them are fake. My resources of salvaged chips from the faulty motherboards just slowly dries up.
I'm not familiar with memory modules at all so I won't buy anything on my own, so I wanted to ask you for help.

I'll just add an example - just found this module: https://pl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Renesas-I … g5fFrc9m97JY%3D
Will it be compatible with the most of 386/486 motherboards without any hassle?

Reply 1 of 3, by pentiumspeed

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Especially 64K cache modules, they come with 4 or 8 cache chips and cache controller on a board as a cache module for 486 compaq computers, very plentiful boards but no cache.

Cheers,

Great Northern aka Canada.

Reply 3 of 3, by seleryba

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I rather ask if there is something still produced, without any risk of availability outage. Not the NOS-sale from the old warehouses. I more look for the new chips on the electronics parts sites like Mouser, Digikey, TME or similar.