VOGONS

AWE64 Legacy

Topic actions

Reply 620 of 782, by pietja

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just received the bare PCB and bracket in the mail and they look amazing.
I'm still waiting on a couple of parts to arrive and then the soldering fun can start.

Reply 621 of 782, by Scythifuge

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
hard1k wrote on 2021-04-30, 21:32:

Exactly, that was the logic behind our pricing. Bare PCB prices include their part of R&D costs, and the assembled board is the bare PCB price plus the cost of parts plus CT4520 plus the work of a contracted assembler plus a small margin (as an incentive for you guys to buy bare PCBs and assemble them yourselves). Keep in mind that PCBs aren't that cheap, we're talking about a rather large 6-layer PCB, and we couldn't make a big order due to customs limitations (we're not a business after all). So, to sum up, what you are getting in both options is very close to the costs and return on initial investment.

I wish that I had the skills to assemble such things. However, buying an assembled board will be worth it!

Reply 622 of 782, by DivideByZer0

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
DivideByZer0 wrote on 2021-04-18, 06:16:

Hi, since I cant use messages yet, I was interested in ordering the bare PCB* only with metal bracket, RC1 revision with a minor bug that's been fixed, as long as they will work the same as the release version. I would order 2 of them if possible....

Please check your PM. I need to know your location.

Hi, sorry, it appears I cannot use PMs yet. You can e-mail me at my junk mail address, poprocksncoke at gmail, and I can respond to you from there! Sorry about that, still interested if they're available.

Reply 623 of 782, by mattrock1988

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi @hard1k,

It appears I may have issues with PMs myself. Feel free to put me down for two AWE64 Legacy sound cards once the preassembled units go live.

Retro PC: Intel Pentium III @ 1 GHz, Intel SE440BX-2, 32 GB IDE DOM, 384 MB SDRAM, DVD-ROM, 1.44 MB floppy, Nvidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600 AGP, Creative SoundBlaster AWE64 Gold, Aureal Vortex 2
I only rely on 86box these days. My Pentium 3 PC died. 🙁

Reply 624 of 782, by hard1k

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi, we haven't announced any preorders for the assembled cards yet. Please subscribe to the updates of this thread and be sure to check manually once in a while, as sometimes the forum engine can stop sending notifications.

Fortex, the A3D & XG/OPL3 accelerator (Vortex 2 + YMF744 combo sound card)
AWE64 Legacy
Please have a look at my wishlist (hosted on Amibay)

Reply 626 of 782, by Ulfenknulfen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
hard1k wrote on 2021-02-09, 13:00:
Hello guys! […]
Show full quote

Hello guys!

And we're out of beta. We're releasing on time!
Renders of the final revision:
AWE64 Legacy (final render, front).pngAWE64 Legacy (final render, rear).png

It's already ordered:
AWE64 Legacy (final PCBs order).png

Estimated start of sales - April-May 2021. No pre-orders, priority will be given to those who is listed in the credits in the first post (authors of other projects that we've built upon), participated in the questionnaire, and beta testers.

Prices:
€300 / $360 - assembled PCB, PayPal as a gift
€270 / $325 - assembled PCB, PayPal as a gift, during the 1st week after we announce the start of orders, only for those who have priority (see above)
€100 / $120 - bare PCB* only with metal bracket, PayPal as a gift
€80 / $95 - bare PCB* only with metal bracket, RC1 revision with a minor bug that's been fixed, PayPal as a gift, EARLY SALES FOR THIS OPTION START RIGHT NOW

* Note: bare PCBs will not include any components, just the PCB itself and metal bracket. You will have to procure everything according to the BOM and assemble it yourself. No warranty, explicit or implied.

Worldwide shipping (from Moscow, Russia) is not included in the mentioned prices and costs €20 / $24 for bare PCBs and has to be calculated for assembled PCBs.

Here the Prices.
Best regards
Paddy

🎵 Waveblaster Adaptor for IDE-HDD Swap Frames
🎧 Beepblaster 1.0 Wavetable Module
🎶 Roland MT-32 Buffer overflow Hardware Fix
🕹️🖱️USB HID Devices on PS/2 and Gameport.

Reply 628 of 782, by igna78

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi, I know that we are in the holiday period and that for now there are supply difficulties in the world of silicon, but I wanted to know if there was news on the timing to buy assembled boards. I do not allow to make hurry, is only curiosity (and yes it is true, I can't wait to have such a jewel 😁). Thank you for your time 😉

Reply 629 of 782, by jay_t_yo

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi hard1k

I've been following this project for a while and would love to order a pre-assembled card once they are available for preorder. Unfortunately my account is too new to send you a PM to arrange this, so feel free to contact me once you announce presales. I'll also keep an eye on the thread.

Thanks for such an awesome project

Reply 631 of 782, by Thermalwrong

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I don't think there's a dump of that for this project? The AWE64 Gold's GAL makes it possible to have the onboard 4MB and expand that with the plug-in boards. This project avoids that by using one of the AWE64 Value cards along with so much RAM that it doesn't matter.
I've got an AWE64 Gold with a similar fault actually, it just can't read memory even though the ROM works. What kind of fault does your one have?
If anyone does have the firmware for the GAL that sits by the memory, it would be really handy. Otherwise, if someone has a working one, the DuPAL project should be able to read out the functions of a GAL: https://github.com/DuPAL-PAL-DUmper

Reply 632 of 782, by sergio27ru

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Thermalwrong wrote on 2021-10-04, 20:27:

I don't think there's a dump of that for this project? The AWE64 Gold's GAL makes it possible to have the onboard 4MB and expand that with the plug-in boards. This project avoids that by using one of the AWE64 Value cards along with so much RAM that it doesn't matter.
I've got an AWE64 Gold with a similar fault actually, it just can't read memory even though the ROM works. What kind of fault does your one have?
If anyone does have the firmware for the GAL that sits by the memory, it would be really handy. Otherwise, if someone has a working one, the DuPAL project should be able to read out the functions of a GAL: https://github.com/DuPAL-PAL-DUmper

Same problem - onboard RAM do not visible....

Reply 633 of 782, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Considering @dreamblaster manufactures new SIMCONNs for AWE64 cards he might have the dump you require..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 634 of 782, by Ulfenknulfen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi

This is the right Thread wth jed Files:
Re: Simmconn AWE64 Adapter

best regards
Paddy

Reply 637 of 782, by sergio27ru

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Ulfenknulfen wrote on 2021-10-06, 13:52:
Hi […]
Show full quote

Hi

This is the right Thread wth jed Files:
Re: Simmconn AWE64 Adapter

best regards
Paddy

Im checked gold.jed - doesn't work, but with this GAL diagnos.exe think, that awe64 without RAM from factory 😀

Reply 638 of 782, by Dr.Yak

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
hard1k wrote on 2021-06-08, 10:11:

Please subscribe to the updates of this thread and be sure to check manually once in a while, as sometimes the forum engine can stop sending notifications.

Hi! I'm just replying to this thread to make sure that the forum engine informs me of future replies.
I hope that the upcoming batch is still happening...

Reply 639 of 782, by Ulfenknulfen

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

The 3 here are already looking forward to it 😀

best regards
Paddy

Attachments

• AWE64_4520.jpg
    Filename
    AWE64_4520.jpg
    File size
    1.74 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception