VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by KyleK87

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay so I was using dosbox 0.74 on a windows 7 64 bit PC and it ran fine I changed the aspect ratio etc in the config file never had an issue with the keyboard until I recently upgraded to windows 10. Now I get ] instead of back slash and I can't get ` or ~ to work or + and the right shift does nothing. I've tried forcing different keyboard languages, I've tried running dosbox by changing the sdl and pretty much everything I've come across and even changed my keyboard to the HID-compliant to no avail. I also tried testing dosbox svn and dosbox 0.74-3 all the same results. I really don't want to have to go back to windows 7 just because of this odd bug 😒 Could anyone possibly help or shed some light? Thanks for your time!

Reply 1 of 1, by arablizzard2413

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
KyleK87 wrote on 2021-06-02, 17:34:

Okay so I was using dosbox 0.74 on a windows 7 64 bit PC and it ran fine I changed the aspect ratio etc in the config file never had an issue with the keyboard until I recently upgraded to windows 10. Now I get ] instead of back slash and I can't get ` or ~ to work or + and the right shift does nothing. I've tried forcing different keyboard languages, I've tried running dosbox by changing the sdl and pretty much everything I've come across and even changed my keyboard to the HID-compliant to no avail. I also tried testing dosbox svn and dosbox 0.74-3 all the same results. I really don't want to have to go back to windows 7 just because of this odd bug 😒 Could anyone possibly help or shed some light? Thanks for your time!

https://www.dosbox.com/wiki/DOSBox_FAQ#No_backslash_key