VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got the gold ring in Mexico. Then I turn to a pyramid and enter the password. After that I hear a voice saying "enter the password." Eh? There are 5 symbols and the order you enter is obtained by giving some guy a Tchaikovsky CD in Thailand. That wasn't hard. I got past mission 1. There's no walkthrough. Has anyone played this? The audio works fine. If the game gets tedious just hit the space bar to advance through the dialog.

Yes, this is a 2001 version after all.

Last edited by dnewhous on 2021-06-24, 02:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 2 of 3, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Now I'm using a flashlight in the Netherlands and I'm not going anywhere.

There's a piece of paper in the crevice of a support beam.

mission 4 - inadequate hints that after Canada you go to Capetown. The hints are ocean front and Zulu for "golden lion." I think the word "ingonyama" is in the database but there is no hint from headquarters.

mission 6 - make sure you get the voice recorder near the souvenir shop in Worcester. This makes the hints from headquarters easy to follow. The figurines are sold in Florence.

mission 8 - the final mission. They could have worked on the gem stone colors a little.

Where in the USA is Carmen San Diego does not install on Windows 10.

The end of Where in the world is Carmen San Diego appears to be about the city of lost gold in Mexico. If you imagine the satellite map upside down, you can see where the entrance to the temple is.

The CD for this game, it did not come in a box, insists it is a 2001 version. Maybe it is different from the 1998 version?

Also, there is a 1999 version of Where in the USA is Carmen San Diego and it is by the Learning Company, not Broderbund. The version on ebay I just ordered comes in an original retail box!

The 1998 version of Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego on Mobygames is Spanish language. ????

Daniel L Newhouse

Reply 3 of 3, by dnewhous

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The third game is called "Carmen Sandiego's Great Chase Through Time" for Windows 1999. I'm also going to try Ed Hunter and see if it in some way has the same theme.

It has floated in and the 1999 Windows version of Where in the USA is Carmen San Diego does not install. The requirement to install Quicktime rather than iTunes trips it up. It's a shame, this version is a bit vindictive in that I remember on the Apple II version you gather evidence to issue warrants and not just track down stolen items. IIRC there is a VILE man who has a tan trenchcoat you are trying to catch - the man blamed for turning Carmen to the dark side. How Pink Panther.

Corrections - the name of the town in England is Wickshire.

The boat is the Golden Lion and you find it twice, once in Capetown and once on the Amazon. I just replayed it and didn't catch the name of the captain of the ship.

The yellow label version of Oregon Trail is unplayable because I can't set my monitor resolution low enough. It's 640 by 480. How MS-DOS.

Daniel L Newhouse