User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Abit AN8 SLI Fatality Mobo
AMD 64 +4000
2GB Ram
XFX Geforce 7800GTX
Windows XP SP2

I am trying to run Max (1996 Ver) using dosbox but I'm running into troubles. I can mount the C and D drive and install the game from the CD, I can also set the sound up so it is working. The first time I attempted to run M.A.X I got the error "Cannot create
c:\games\max\windows\maxdos.ini file"

So I created the folder for Dosbox which bypassed the error. Now When I try to run the game I just get a black screen with no errors displayed, this in turn locks my PC up and I have to alt tab and kill the process.

I have a standard dosbox.cfg with the memory upped to 64Mb. Has anyone managed to get this game working using Dosbox, could you share your knowledge?

Many Thanks

ERH

UPDATE- Dosbox still hangs but I have "Writing to C6879" this repeats all the way down the page but with different C numbers.

Using DOS32A I manage to get to the intro movie but it halts on the Interplay logo.

Reply 2 of 6, by erh

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks for the reply Moe.

I've downloaded Wincvs but I'm not familar with this program. Do I use Wincvs to edit the exe file or is there another file that needs editing? Sorry I know how to fix a pc but the programing software is something I never looked into 😀

Update- I have manged to run max and bypass the intro movie, the scenarios work fine as does the campaign game. But for some reason the custom game locks the PC when it tried to launch after map placement. Has anyone got past this error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

ERH

Reply 6 of 6, by diego gr

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

There is a way to play this game on the internet?

I'm looking for players, email to diego4779@gmail.com

PS: I don't need ousnd, since I always play this game listening music from Winamp hahhaha