VOGONS

First post, by techraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My 9800 all in wonder is missing some tiny parts on the back side of it. I am looking for some close up photos of the back of a ati 9800 all in wonder pro so I can see what all is missing.

Is there any good sites for trading , selling and buying vintage Graphics cards.

Last edited by techraider on 2021-07-14, 11:51. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1 of 15, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hey man, I think the 9800 AIW Pro and SE layouts are identical so you could use the pictures here: http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cpu/item/ … -radeon-9800-se
Hope this helps.

PS: While I don't think you'll find anyone who's willing to do the trade you propose all trading and selling is disallowed on the forum, so you may want to edit your post.

Reply 2 of 15, by techraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Doornkaat wrote on 2021-07-14, 10:14:

Hey man, I think the 9800 AIW Pro and SE layouts are identical so you could use the pictures here: http://www.vgamuseum.info/index.php/cpu/item/ … -radeon-9800-se
Hope this helps.

PS: While I don't think you'll find anyone who's willing to do the trade you propose all trading and selling is disallowed on the forum, so you may want to edit your post.

Thanks, Yes the card appears to have the components that my card is missing.
My card does not have the orange connecter by the tuner, and it never did, I wonder what that is for.. 🤣
Maybe I will try and get a se and transfer the parts over.. the se is inexpensive.

Reply 3 of 15, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
techraider wrote on 2021-07-14, 03:51:

My 9800 all in wonder is missing some tiny parts on the back side of it. I am looking for some close up photos of the back of a ati 9800 all in wonder pro so I can see what all is missing.

Is there any good sites for trading , selling and buying vintage Graphics cards.

Most 9800 PRO cards have problems. I have a few and they all have problems with memory - artifacts or are dead all the way 🙁

Good luck on repairing one 😉

The usual sites for buying/selling retro stuff:

www.amibay.com
www.vcfed.org

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 4 of 15, by techraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kixs wrote on 2021-07-14, 13:10:
Most 9800 PRO cards have problems. I have a few and they all have problems with memory - artifacts or are dead all the way :( […]
Show full quote

Most 9800 PRO cards have problems. I have a few and they all have problems with memory - artifacts or are dead all the way 🙁

www.amibay.com
www.vcfed.org

let me know if you want to get rid of one of the totally dead ones, maybe I can find the same tiny components on one that are missing on mine.

Reply 5 of 15, by Doornkaat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
techraider wrote on 2021-07-14, 11:55:

Thanks, Yes the card appears to have the components that my card is missing.
My card does not have the orange connecter by the tuner, and it never did, I wonder what that is for.. 🤣
Maybe I will try and get a se and transfer the parts over.. the se is inexpensive.

Glad I could help. Hope you get the card running again!👍
I found a manual here where it says the orange connector is an 'Internal Audio/Video Input Header'. (Page 52, even though the location seems different it's the same connector so I assume it serves the same purpose.)
Never seen anything that uses that but I can imagine it was meant for A/V-i/o panels that were ever so popular in early 2000s OEM PCs 😄

Reply 6 of 15, by Grem Five

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Most 9800 PRO cards have problems. I have a few and they all have problems with memory - artifacts or are dead all the way :( […]
Show full quote

www.amibay.com
www.vcfed.org

I have 3 9800 Pro and no problems with any of them.... none of the ones I got were bad. 9700 Pros on the other hand most of those I found were bad, it was hard to find a working 9700 Pro.

Op good luck on fixing you card, I dont have any AIW 9800 Pros or I would offer up some pics

Reply 7 of 15, by techraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Grem Five wrote on 2021-07-15, 00:35:
Show full quote

www.amibay.com
www.vcfed.org

I have 3 9800 Pro and no problems with any of them.... none of the ones I got were bad. 9700 Pros on the other hand most of those I found were bad, it was hard to find a working 9700 Pro.

Op good luck on fixing you card, I dont have any AIW 9800 Pros or I would offer up some pics

\\
Thanks for the reply.. My aiw had never given me any problems either until now, I remember buying it new.. I guess that is why I am trying to fix it. It actually got damaged in storage.. My fault for not boxing it up better ..

Reply 10 of 15, by kixs

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Here are the photos of my card:

duhrRkjm.jpg

efLhwwhm.jpg
ycYrgbom.jpg

I think that for full resolution photos you'll have to download them.

In case you need more detailed photo in some area, let me know.

Requests are also possible... /msg kixs

Reply 11 of 15, by techraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kixs wrote on 2021-07-17, 08:27:
Here are the photos of my card: […]
Show full quote

duhrRkjm.jpg

efLhwwhm.jpg
ycYrgbom.jpg

Thanks so much.. I should take pics of my card to post as to what I am missing too..

Reply 12 of 15, by techraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kixs wrote on 2021-07-17, 08:27:
Here are the photos of my card: […]
Show full quote

duhrRkjm.jpg

efLhwwhm.jpg
ycYrgbom.jpg

, What kind of connector do you use on the tuner for that card, I have a second card now, my original one has the tuner connecter for a coax cable that screws on,, you pictures are like the card i have now and it looks like a bnc connection or something..

Reply 14 of 15, by techraider

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kixs wrote on 2021-08-16, 18:54:
It's just different coax connector that is in use in Europe: […]
Show full quote

It's just different coax connector that is in use in Europe:

220px-IEC_169-2_male_and_female_connector.JPG

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TV_aerial_plug

That explains why the tuner cannot be programed for the U.S. also.. it only shows countries in the east. thanks for the fast reply.

Reply 15 of 15, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

On the plus side, you might find that some software defined radio (SDR) stuff works with it, not a whole lot compared to euro TV USB dongles, but some stuff supports brooktree chipsets, which I'm not sure if this one has or not, seen them on ATI stuff though.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.