Common searches

New forum suggestions/Feedback

Topic actions

Reply 320 of 516, by maxtherabbit

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Something is wrong with the date format setting under the global settings page. I keep trying to change it to use absolute timestamps, it says it has saved successfully but when I go back to the settings page again the setting has reverted to custom. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Reply 321 of 516, by AngryByDefault

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

May I add a vote for a "Bookmarks" feature?
Following threads as a workaround has several drawbacks: it floods our mailbox, consumes your bandwidth, and it doesn' t allow us to actually build a list of valuable threads.
O.C. this is still a great site!
Cheers!

Reply 322 of 516, by 7F20

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
AngryByDefault wrote on 2021-06-05, 14:08:
May I add a vote for a "Bookmarks" feature? Following threads as a workaround has several drawbacks: it floods our mailbox, cons […]
Show full quote

Following threads as a workaround has several drawbacks: it floods our mailbox, consumes your bandwidth, and it doesn' t allow us to actually build a list of valuable threads.
Cheers!

There is a "watchlist." Look at the top right of any thread and click the eyeball. Go to you control panel and open your watchlist.

Reply 323 of 516, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
7F20 wrote on 2021-06-09, 01:06:
AngryByDefault wrote on 2021-06-05, 14:08:
May I add a vote for a "Bookmarks" feature? Following threads as a workaround has several drawbacks: it floods our mailbox, cons […]
Show full quote

Cheers!

There is a "watchlist." Look at the top right of any thread and click the eyeball. Go to you control panel and open your watchlist.

Yeah, that is what I am using. It would be way better if there were an actual way to organize it though. You ever try to find a certain thread when you have hundreds in the watchlist?

The old forum software had bookmarks and then when the new forum software was introduced I had to request my bookmarks be imported to the watchlist so I could at least have them back.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 324 of 516, by AngryByDefault

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

yes, but unless I am missing it I can't "watch" a thread and not be notified on every new post.
I'd like to bookmark threads to be able to go back to them when I need info on the topic but without receive several emails a day on new posts that I can't read in that moment.

Not that it such a big deal though.....

Reply 325 of 516, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
AngryByDefault wrote on 2021-06-09, 06:00:
yes, but unless I am missing it I can't "watch" a thread and not be notified on every new post. I'd like to bookmark threads to […]
Show full quote

yes, but unless I am missing it I can't "watch" a thread and not be notified on every new post.
I'd like to bookmark threads to be able to go back to them when I need info on the topic but without receive several emails a day on new posts that I can't read in that moment.

ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options

Profile -> User Control Panel -> Notification Settings

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 326 of 516, by AngryByDefault

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
cyclone3d wrote on 2021-06-09, 07:17:
AngryByDefault wrote on 2021-06-09, 06:00:
yes, but unless I am missing it I can't "watch" a thread and not be notified on every new post. I'd like to bookmark threads to […]
Show full quote

ucp.php?i=ucp_notifications&mode=notification_options

Profile -> User Control Panel -> Notification Settings

hum, I don't mean to troll, but with the available options I can either have a watchlist and be notified of every thread's posts or work around it by turning notifications off and have a "bookmark" by loosing the notifications function. It' s either one or the other.

When I mentioned the bookmarks I was thinking about being able to be notified of those thread where I am awaiting for an answer or comment while begin able to have others marked for future reference "on the side". IMHO these are complementary functions and not really the same.

Again, I don't mean to make a big deal about it, and I appreciate your link , as I tweaked a few more options there. Thanks.

Reply 327 of 516, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That would actually be a really sweet setup. Now I want that option as well.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 329 of 516, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think 4k picture resolution limit is not needed when there is a picture size limit.
it is not possible to post 8k screenshots of very old games on new systems 😀
having to shrink pictures to 4k make them loose most of their already very few details
Not even mentioning we got 15k cameras now.
And multi gpu configurations may display even higher res

Reply 330 of 516, by zapbuzz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Qbix wrote on 2019-12-14, 12:49:

This topic is to post ideas on what to change and to provide precise feedback on which features/looks you don't like.
Please be as precise as possible.
We will read all feedback, but no promises on what features/ideas we will take into account.

I'd like to see a thread where people using merchants to sell can advertise their offers with merchant links like ebay but not direct sales like through paypal.
As of such rules like no price bashing or abuse would need to be enforced.
Prices can be negotiated through merchants portals anyhow.
Telling where in the world items can be posted would attract the correct attention.
This way the merchant is responsible for transactions and no scams or site takedowns can occur.
If someone says they are ripped off its because the merchant hasn't protected their customers and not this forums fault.

Last edited by zapbuzz on 2021-07-25, 07:16. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 331 of 516, by 7F20

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I have a feeling that this kind of thing is purposely avoided on VOGONS, as it has more of a tech discussion (hardware and software) kind of vibe here.

If you want classifieds of vintage computer stuff, I would recommend VCFED forums. They have an explicit Marketplace area on the forum there.

But I don't want to speak for the VOGONs staff or Qbix, I just think that's the impression I have got here.

Reply 333 of 516, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

Yes, so such a forum will never see the light here. There are other places for this!

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 334 of 516, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

VCFED is extremely hard to get started on as a certain number of posts are required to be manually approved by the mods before you can actually post and not wait days/weeks/never for your posts to be approved.

I gave up after a few weeks as not one single post of mine ever got approved and the mods would not respond to me.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 336 of 516, by appiah4

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I'm a junior member on vcfed but I never had a post that didn't get approved..

Retronautics: A digital gallery of my retro computers, hardware and projects.

Reply 338 of 516, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Anders- wrote on 2021-07-19, 23:11:
Crosspost from "Welcome to the updated VOGONS", hoping for some feedback on the issue. […]
Show full quote

Crosspost from "Welcome to the updated VOGONS", hoping for some feedback on the issue.

Snover wrote on 2020-01-30, 06:28:
konc wrote on 2020-01-22, 11:16:

Hey I want my penis-shaped cursor back 😀

I like your style.

Hi, I'm one of those that prefer this website not to override the default cursor.
Would it be possible to add a "custom mouse cursor yes/no" as a checkbox on the "display options" section in the control panel?

You can use the browser plugin Stylish to make the forum colors, font, and mouse cursor be as they should be... like it used to be.

Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK