VOGONS

First post, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hello! lately ive gotten an a500 back from retoration and wanted to use my hxc device on it for a change, but my amiga doesn't seem to like the device that much, on the kickstart screen it flicker's while the floppy emulator are making nose noise in the bleeper, if i 'insert' a disk image, the emulator halts and nothing happen's, got a clue on what to do?

Reply 1 of 5, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

- Did you set the jumpers right? (AFAIR, Amiga drives use ID 0, not 1)
- Is your HxC working correctly? (I don't think that firmware is to blame, because you can select and insert images)
- Did you convert your disks to HxC format? (Remember that HxC does nos support using ADF files in the SD card, they must be converted)

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 2 of 5, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hmm, i have converted them disk image's to hfe and it is on id-0 I'm not thinking there's any fault on the emulator, i am mostly wanna hear from people what could likely be the cause, if i unplug the emulator the amiga work's fine and i set the emulator itself to be thinking as a disk drive, had made sure the cfg file was amiga also, but doesn't seem to help much. does it matter if floppy have a twisted cable?

Reply 3 of 5, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I have been told its in relation to some sort of disc change signal the amiga 500 relies on, but i cant seem to get such working on my machine, i have a straight pass cable connected to the device but no effect, anyone gotten a clue how to make it work?

Reply 4 of 5, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

1 - Use a straight cable. Twisted cables change some signals from drive 0 to drive 1.
2 - Check your cable position. Check that pin 1 on board is connected to pin 1 on HxC (do NOT trust in the red stripe!).
3 - Check if your jumpers are the same as explained in the manual. Note that you must use different switches if you use a twisted cable.
4 - Note that you may need to change IDs if your drive is connected to the external drive port.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 5 of 5, by Nic-93

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well, i can say am using a floppy connector with some notch on the plug, so it can only go 1 way and i am using a straight pass cable, yet no change on the situation, im really scratching my head here on that case. it is doing those periodic click's yet give's a red light when disk are inserted.