VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi,
the pilot episode of my new channel is here. I finally built the replica of my first PC, and thanks to this video you can go through this build with me 😀
https://youtu.be/zwKTnlbnVXE

I'm aiming at 20-25 minute episodes but this one is longer, as it was a 'sentimental journey' to me and I didn't wanted to skip some parts, that in fact are probably not really necessary 😉

PS: After 2 years of almost not using English it got a little rusty. I had a horrible time trying to pronounce some sentences, it was especially a problem when I was talking to camera because these clips I recorded first. But hopefully you will be able to understand what I'm saying... and if not I added the subtitles 😉

New items (October/November 2022) -> My Items for Sale
I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 3 of 8, by LewisRaz

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
HanJammer wrote on 2021-07-31, 15:48:
Hi, the pilot episode of my new channel is here. I finally built the replica of my first PC, and thanks to this video you can go […]
Show full quote

Hi,
the pilot episode of my new channel is here. I finally built the replica of my first PC, and thanks to this video you can go through this build with me 😀
https://youtu.be/zwKTnlbnVXE

I'm aiming at 20-25 minute episodes but this one is longer, as it was a 'sentimental journey' to me and I didn't wanted to skip some parts, that in fact are probably not really necessary 😉

PS: After 2 years of almost not using English it got a little rusty. I had a horrible time trying to pronounce some sentences, it was especially a problem when I was talking to camera because these clips I recorded first. But hopefully you will be able to understand what I'm saying... and if not I added the subtitles 😉

Will watch it later. Looks very polished already! Subbed too 😀

My retro pc youtube channel
Twitter

Reply 4 of 8, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
LewisRaz wrote on 2021-07-31, 22:24:

Will watch it later. Looks very polished already! Subbed too 😀

It looks polished, because I'm Polish ;D

Thanks 😀

Also - constructive criticism is always welcome as it will allow me to further improve the content and better suit the viewers. Although some things that were not much liked by my Polish viewers (because at least for now I make the videos in both Polish and English versions and Polish version is published earlier) are by design and I don't really have intention to change them 😉

I8v8PGb.jpg

Reply 6 of 8, by Shreddoc

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Good work, thank you. I am watching some now, and will continue later.

It is a minor detail, but the computer drawing you made in 1996 (refer video, 1 minute 40 seconds) is very poignantly nostalgic.

And that mouse pointer! (refer video, e.g. 9 minutes 35 seconds) Nice.

Reply 7 of 8, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Epic project, great work 👍

I personally don't mind long videos - YouTube is great at tracking where you're up to so I'm happy to watch over a few sessions. And I could understand your English no problem.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 8 of 8, by HanJammer

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Thanks for the kind words guys 😀

My English pronounciation usually gets better quite fast when I start talking (I could already feel the improvement between each recording sessions for this video). I also bought Manfrotto Magic arm so the next videos will be of better quality when it comes to presenting the parts and so on, because it allows for positioning the camera anywhere you want (unlike the standard tripod I used) - for example directly over the parts parallel to the table.

I8v8PGb.jpg