VOGONS

The "Driver CD" for motherboards thread

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 104, by SETBLASTER

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
vmr_ wrote on 2021-05-24, 16:30:

I think I have somewhere the original CD for Gigabyte ga-5ax, possibly Asus P5a as well. Have to dig it out from storage 😀

Not sure about AOpen ax59pro, have to check

did you find anything?

Reply 42 of 104, by Vipersan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Hi ...
I wonder if anyone has an iso image of the original installation/driver CD for an ASUS A 7N266-VM.
on which I've got windows NT4 running ...without network or sound.
So chipset drivers for NT4 needed.
Apparently these are on the CD.
rgds
VS

Reply 43 of 104, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
xXmobiusXx1 wrote on 2021-08-02, 13:31:

I need the Asus M200 " TUSL2-C " Motherboard CD, Say someone in this thread has or had it but never uploaded it to the vogons drivers database.

Perhaps Setblaster will share his copy
Also Maybe you should read this: Support disk for Asus TUSL2-C? also the picture shows a cd but is not M200 and starts with a 1 like 186/188/etc
Most of the Driver CD's are posted to Archive.org because of size (if all full CD's were on Vogons Drivers then Squallstrife could quickly run out of storage space)

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 44 of 104, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Vipersan wrote on 2021-08-02, 23:44:
Hi ... I wonder if anyone has an iso image of the original installation/driver CD for an ASUS A 7N266-VM. on which I've got wind […]
Show full quote

Hi ...
I wonder if anyone has an iso image of the original installation/driver CD for an ASUS A 7N266-VM.
on which I've got windows NT4 running ...without network or sound.
So chipset drivers for NT4 needed.
Apparently these are on the CD.
rgds
VS

Have not seen a driver CD for that motherboard but do know it came out in 2002 and Win NT4 is not on it's full support list. Win9x, Win ME, Win2k and XP are on the full list.
http://web.archive.org/web/20021014231049/htt … vm/overview.htm
http://web.archive.org/web/20021005074726/htt … ecification.htm
And if you look thru this page: http://web.archive.org/web/20021016120137/htt … =10&l3=16&mid=4
You will see the drivers from Asus old archive and not one mentions NT.
If you search Realtek you do find one: https://www.realtek.com/en/component/zoo/cate … codecs-software
Good luck !

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 45 of 104, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Horun wrote on 2021-08-03, 01:20:

Have not seen a driver CD for that motherboard but do know it came out in 2002 and Win NT4 is not on it's full support list. Win9x, Win ME, Win2k and XP are on the full list....

There's one on the Bay which supposedly supports this nForce baord - search for the board model + the Asus CD code which is M261

Reply 46 of 104, by Vipersan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2021-08-03, 08:01:

Have not seen a driver CD for that motherboard but do know it came out in 2002 and Win NT4 is not on it's full support list. Win9x, Win ME, Win2k and XP are on the full list....

There's one on the Bay which supposedly supports this nForce baord - search for the board model + the Asus CD code which is M261

Yes I had seen that on ebay ....
what put me off was the cost which with shipping from the US to the UK was very high...plus not available atm 'the seller is away until 17th aug'..
What gave me hope the CD might help me with NT was this text snippet referring to the network/chipset I found on the net
"Realtek RTL8139/810x Family 10/100M Ethernet Controller User's Guide for Windows NT

1. Right-click the "Network Neighborhood" icon on the desktop window.
Select "Properties" item while menu appears.

Or you can also press the "Start" button. Move highlight bar to "Settings" and
select "Control Panel". Double click on the "Network" icon.

2. Select "Adapters" page and then click Add button.

3. Click the "Have disk..." button.

4. Type the path {CD-ROM Drive}:\Drivers\Lan\8100C\winnt\ to the driver

5. Select "Realtek RTL8139/810x Family 10/100M Ethernet" item and click OK.

6. Windows will install the driver immediately.

7. Follow the instruction to complete the installation.

8. Please restart Windows NT system when prompted.
"

Thanks for the reply ...it is appreciated.

Reply 47 of 104, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Vipersan wrote on 2021-08-03, 08:19:
Yes I had seen that on ebay .... what put me off was the cost which with shipping from the US to the UK was very high...plus not […]
Show full quote
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2021-08-03, 08:01:

Yes I had seen that on ebay ....
what put me off was the cost which with shipping from the US to the UK was very high...plus not available atm 'the seller is away until 17th aug'..
What gave me hope the CD might help me with NT was this text snippet referring to the network/chipset I found on the net
"Realtek RTL8139/810x Family 10/100M Ethernet Controller User's Guide for Windows NT

1. Right-click the "Network Neighborhood" icon on the desktop window.
Select "Properties" item while menu appears.

Or you can also press the "Start" button. Move highlight bar to "Settings" and
select "Control Panel". Double click on the "Network" icon.

2. Select "Adapters" page and then click Add button.

3. Click the "Have disk..." button.

4. Type the path {CD-ROM Drive}:\Drivers\Lan\8100C\winnt\ to the driver

5. Select "Realtek RTL8139/810x Family 10/100M Ethernet" item and click OK.

6. Windows will install the driver immediately.

7. Follow the instruction to complete the installation.

8. Please restart Windows NT system when prompted.
"

Thanks for the reply ...it is appreciated.

Did you try the LAN driver off the ASUS A7N266-VM support page...it seems to include NT support

Filename
rtl8100c_451505.zip
File size
2.36 MiB
Downloads
47 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 48 of 104, by Vipersan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2021-08-03, 09:04:

Did you try the LAN driver off the ASUS A7N266-VM support page...it seems to include NT support

rtl8100c_451505.zip

Yes I had ..
In fact ..I think the text I quoted earlier is from the Text file in that Zip

Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-08-03, 21:55. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 49 of 104, by vmr_

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
SETBLASTER wrote on 2021-06-20, 18:39:
vmr_ wrote on 2021-05-24, 16:30:

I think I have somewhere the original CD for Gigabyte ga-5ax, possibly Asus P5a as well. Have to dig it out from storage 😀

Not sure about AOpen ax59pro, have to check

did you find anything?

yes, I am away and will create the ISOs towards the end of August.

Retro builds & sandbox
IBM XT 5160 | 286 | 386 | 486 | S4 SI5PI AIO & S4 Batman + P60 SX828
S8 & PPro 200 | SS7 FW 5VGF & Asus P5A & AOpen AX59PRO K6-III+ 550MHz
Asus K7M Athlon 1Ghz GDF | Abit SH6 Pentium III 1GHz SL4KL...

Reply 50 of 104, by PARKE

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
xXmobiusXx1 wrote on 2021-08-02, 13:31:

I need the Asus M200 " TUSL2-C " Motherboard CD, Say someone in this thread has or had it but never uploaded it to the vogons drivers database.

There is still a copy available via Dropbox. If you send your email address via PM I can hook you up for sharing.

Reply 51 of 104, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmmm the ASUS A7N266-VM manual says Realtek 8201L PHY so the website driver will work but you need proper nForce 220-D drivers for NT first other wise the network driver will not work (is tied to Southbridge).
and this review says: Realtek ALC650 audio: http://www.mikeshardware.com/reviews/review_a … -vm_review.html
so the above audio driver I pointed too should also work but you need the NT 4 chipset drivers working first (generic NT 4 drivers will not help with the LAN or audio AFAIK) and have searched but cannot find any yet.....
Am not buying a driver CD if I cannot see what is actually on it. Am going to ask the seller to email me the FILELIST.TXT from M261 will see what happens....

Reply 52 of 104, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
PARKE wrote on 2021-08-03, 12:32:

There is still a copy available via Dropbox. If you send your email address via PM I can hook you up for sharing.

Thanks Parke ! Uploaded Asus M200 to Archive org per our PM so others can have easier access: https://archive.org/details/asus-m-200-i-815-tusl-2
Hope you do not mind the way I did it. Thanks again !
Also going to be adding a few others that have been sitting on when have time.

Reply 53 of 104, by Vipersan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Horun wrote on 2021-08-04, 23:46:
Hmmm the ASUS A7N266-VM manual says Realtek 8201L PHY so the website driver will work but you need proper nForce 220-D drivers […]
Show full quote

Hmmm the ASUS A7N266-VM manual says Realtek 8201L PHY so the website driver will work but you need proper nForce 220-D drivers for NT first other wise the network driver will not work (is tied to Southbridge).
and this review says: Realtek ALC650 audio: http://www.mikeshardware.com/reviews/review_a … -vm_review.html
so the above audio driver I pointed too should also work but you need the NT 4 chipset drivers working first (generic NT 4 drivers will not help with the LAN or audio AFAIK) and have searched but cannot find any yet.....
Am not buying a driver CD if I cannot see what is actually on it. Am going to ask the seller to email me the FILELIST.TXT from M261 will see what happens....

Thanks for helping out with this...I really do appreciate it.
I am using a pull out ide hard drive caddy system..
So far I have Win95 with cpu patch running ..(sort of)
Win 98se with ram restricted in the system ini.....and ME
& Win 2K
Thus I can leave 1gb in situe to run XP...
Obviously win 3.1 is not suitable ...and NT4 is the only OS I cannot get to reasonably function.
So ..NT4 for a full house ...
I remain hopeful
I was tempted to buy that driver cd listed on ebay ,,,,until I saw what the cost of postage from the US to the UK was ...3x the cost of the cd itself ....farrr toooo expensive for me.
..and of course no guarantees the chipset drivers for NT4 would be on it anyway.

Reply 54 of 104, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No word yet on that CD but my guess is not good for NT4. The nVidia website has drivers for nForce 1 and 2 chipsets (the 220 and 420 are nForce 1) and no NT drivers...just Windows ME, Windows 98, Windows 95, Windows XP, Windows 2000.
Also no Vista, Server 2003 or 64bit OS drivers...

Reply 55 of 104, by BLockOUT

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

i like this topic, sometimes the original cd is just lost, and its all about the experience of building a retro computer, and insert the driver cd with the menu, like a jump in time. its about the experience. I'm glad many here still kept and share the CDs

Last edited by Stiletto on 2021-08-09, 22:19. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 56 of 104, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I added the ECS driver CD v6.2S that came with my ECS K7S5A. It has drivers for these ECS boards:
K7AMA; K7s5a; K7s5a2; K7SEM; P5SS-ML; P6s5a2T; P6s5aT; P6s5mT; P6SEP-Me; P6SET-ML; P6SSM; P6SSM2; P6STB; P6STM; P6STP-FL; P6STP-Fn; P6STP-ML
https://archive.org/details/ecs-k-7-s-5-a-cd-6-2-s-driver-cd

Reply 57 of 104, by Vipersan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Added yet another WinOS build to my retro build with the Asus A7N266-VM motherboard ..
This time WinME.
Fully functional and stable.
So that leaves 95 and NT4 which both function ok without Sound or Networking.
Lack of suitable chipset drivers...and may never work fully,
Lack of PCI slots make adding PCI cards to rectify this a constraint.
I do have an ASUS 7700 video card installed in the AGP slot so a decent higher res vga output for all the OS's
On a related yet different issue ..I have a driver CD for a nforce2 ASUS chipset coming & arriving soon
NVIDIA nForce2 Series Rev 44.03 PC Motherboard Software | CD-ROM | PN:M286 |
When it arrives I'll image this and pop it in my dropbox if anyone wants it ?
rgds

Reply 59 of 104, by Vipersan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I was amazed to see a meassage in my indox this morning...in relation to the M261 CD in the USA
I was offered a 10% discount on account I'd shown an interest in the item on fleabay.
needless to say I wont be taking up the offer.
Not that I dont want the disc ..but the postage and possible import duties far exceed the cost of the CD
I'll attatch a screengrab so you can see just how ridiculous the offer is in this case.
I may be a bit daft ...but I'm not crazy

Ironically shipping internally in the US is free..I believe

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    Filename
    s-l1600.jpg
    File size
    92.03 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Public domain