VOGONS

First post, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

[ExpertColor DSV 2302P]

Sadly my card isn't working.
But I got it with the Disks & Manual, and hopefully, they may be useful to someone else.

The attached package includes:
- picture of the card
- scan of the diskettes
- scan of the manual (converted to ".pdf")
- the 3 diskettes ".IMA" images

Disks (preview).jpg
Filename
Disks (preview).jpg
File size
1.04 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Filename
ExpertColor DSV_2302P (Avance Logic Inc. ALG2302.A) [Disks + Manual].part1.rar
File size
5 MiB
Downloads
52 downloads
File license
Filename
ExpertColor DSV_2302P (Avance Logic Inc. ALG2302.A) [Disks + Manual].part2.rar
File size
5 MiB
Downloads
50 downloads
File license
Filename
ExpertColor DSV_2302P (Avance Logic Inc. ALG2302.A) [Disks + Manual].part3.rar
File size
4.44 MiB
Downloads
53 downloads
File license

P.S. Maybe someone can upload them to VOGONSDRIVERS.

Reply 1 of 7, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I can post it. That is a unique video card !

added here: http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?file … 5&menustate=0,0

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 2 of 7, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Awesome, thanks!

About the card; too bad it doesn't even POST 😒
Looks pristine though..

Another thing i've been meaning to ask:
I have a few old driver CDs and diskettes for soundcards, mice & keyboards and whatnot..
Is there a place for them here on VOGONS? Or should I only upload them on the net archive, and be done with 'em?
Like for instance, I found this Socket7 Mobo manual and scanned it..

Filename
Jamicon KM-T5-V Rev.3.x MOTHERBOARD Manual scan.pdf
File size
2.25 MiB
Downloads
59 downloads
File license

Felt bad to just throw it away, even though documentation for this mobo can be easily found, bun not the actual manual tho..

Reply 3 of 7, by astonsmith

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Thanks! I have one of these cards, but no software.

Mine kinda works... in MS-DOS, DOS extenders and Windows 3.1 it is fine. But in Windows 95, it won't work with DirectDraw acceleration. Strange effects include garbled mouse pointers, random areas of image corruption and "greenwashing" of the background wallpaper.

I don't know if the card is broken or just incompatible with DD, because it works fine with it turned off. But eh. I only use the card to test with nowadays.

I have attached the video BIOS (v5.04) from my card in case it's useful to anybody.

Attachments

• Filename
    AL504.zip
    File size
    18.53 KiB
    Downloads
    41 downloads
    File comment
    ALG-2302 V.5.04.A VBIOS
    File license

Reply 4 of 7, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
B24Fox wrote on 2021-08-10, 02:31:
Another thing i've been meaning to ask: I have a few old driver CDs and diskettes for soundcards, mice & keyboards and whatnot […]
Show full quote

Another thing i've been meaning to ask:
I have a few old driver CDs and diskettes for soundcards, mice & keyboards and whatnot..
Is there a place for them here on VOGONS? Or should I only upload them on the net archive, and be done with 'em?
Like for instance, I found this Socket7 Mobo manual and scanned it.. Jamicon KM-T5-V Rev.3.x MOTHERBOARD Manual scan.pdf
Felt bad to just throw it away, even though documentation for this mobo can be easily found, bun not the actual manual tho..

http://www.vogonsdrivers.com/ for a lot of that kind of driver disks. You have to PM SquallStrife for access: SquallStrife
Or just post a link to the items on VOGONS Driver Library and someone with access will get to it,
And of course archive.org is a good place as well.

The motherboard manual, VOGONSDrivers it seems will take.
UH19 will also happily take off your hands if they don't have it already: The Retro Web project - a better stason.org/TH99 alternative

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 5 of 7, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@astonsmith
Glad they were of use : ) And thanks for the BIOS contribution!
That kinda sounds like a broken VRAM chip...

@Stiletto
Few years back I PM'd SquallStrife 'till my keyboard keys fell off, and haven't gotten any response.
So eventually just uploaded /linked stuff in various threads around the forum, and the good people here uploaded them on VOGONSDRIVERS.

Also tried UH19, as I feel that the site has a lot of potential because of the awesome search filters... But what really pi$$ed me off, was the 3 pictures & 2MB upload limit 😠
I mean, the files that are being submitted are gonna be stored on the server anyways.. So WTH..?!
It's especially infuriating, since half the time it's stuff so small that could have easily fitted into an email attachment... like pictures, PDFs, and the occasional BIOS. 2MB.. is just.. like...NO!
And the free online storage service I usually use (because of very good speeds), stores the files for only 7 days (wetransfer.com). So by the time my submission is reviewed, the links will usually be dead.
Sorry for ranting. I just had very high hopes for UH19, but the upload method put me off in the worst way possible.

Guess i'll just post stuff around here for now : )

Reply 6 of 7, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
B24Fox wrote on 2021-08-10, 21:36:
Few years back I PM'd SquallStrife 'till my keyboard keys fell off, and haven't gotten any response. So eventually just uploade […]
Show full quote

Few years back I PM'd SquallStrife 'till my keyboard keys fell off, and haven't gotten any response.
So eventually just uploaded /linked stuff in various threads around the forum, and the good people here uploaded them on VOGONSDRIVERS.

Also tried UH19, as I feel that the site has a lot of potential because of the awesome search filters... But what really pi$$ed me off, was the 3 pictures & 2MB upload limit 😠
I mean, the files that are being submitted are gonna be stored on the server anyways.. So WTH..?!
It's especially infuriating, since half the time it's stuff so small that could have easily fitted into an email attachment... like pictures, PDFs, and the occasional BIOS. 2MB.. is just.. like...NO!
And the free online storage service I usually use (because of very good speeds), stores the files for only 7 days (wetransfer.com). So by the time my submission is reviewed, the links will usually be dead.
Sorry for ranting. I just had very high hopes for UH19, but the upload method put me off in the worst way possible.

Guess i'll just post stuff around here for now : )

Alright, well as SquallStrife says in his VOGONS Drivers thread, he prefers to give upload rights to people who hang around VOGONS.org and become more of a part of a community. Not sure if you're there at 150-ish posts, you'd have to check with him.

At any rate it's probably better to drop links to your uploads in that thread than to drop them here and there across VOGONS (or do both)...

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 7 of 7, by B24Fox

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I may be a bit daft, but I just now stumbled across SquallStrife's "VOGONS Drivers" thread.. I TOTALLY missed the link you posted 😐
When I'm done scanning/copying what I have, I'll start using that thread for the stuff that belongs there.
Thanks 😁