VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 581 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I had this homemade Kebab roll. With some crispy bacon cubes put into the kebab meat, and extra garlic, cumin, coriander and black pepper mixed into it as well. Rolled in flat bread alongside some chopped romaine salad and then a splash of sour cream dressing. That was Tuesday.

Kebab.jpg
Filename
Kebab.jpg
File size
102.5 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Today I had this omelet thingy/wannabe, with a bit of too much filling. I used one fist sized red pepper, 150 gram bacon, two good sized onions and one giant mushroom. Roasted the bacon first with garlic and tons of black pepper, then the mushroom's with black pepper. Then the onions and finally dry roasted the red pepper. Mixed 4 egg's with a splash of milk and one teaspoon flour. Black pepper and salt. Melted some butter on the pan, added the egg. Once they were still a bit soft, I added all the other things on top and tried to fold. Oh well... It became mixed in the mouth anyway.

Omelet-Thingy.jpg
Filename
Omelet-Thingy.jpg
File size
169.96 KiB
Views
File license

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 583 of 739, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I really like Smitten Kitchen which is, as kitchen blogs go, fairly unpretentious and I have yet to cook one of Deb Perelmanns recipes that left me feeling underwhelmed.

A recent discovery was that you can just use whole canned tomatoes for salsa. Before I had either hand chopped fresh tomatoes, chiles etc. *or* oven-roasted the veg and then thrown it in the blender. With this recipe you just chop the onions, chiles and garlic and then throw everything in the food processor (I use an immersion blender) and pulse to preferred consistency. Dead easy and lightyears ahead of any ready-made salsa you can buy in Germany.

https://smittenkitchen.com/2021/04/quick-easy-salsa/

Another very good source for recipes is the New York Times. This simple black bean soup is really the best I've had so far.

https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018592-b … black-bean-soup

Reply 584 of 739, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Not posted anything in a while, in regards to food. But today I made a real retro cake. It is originally an orange cake. However I have spiced it up a bit, by using lime fruit as well. Basically it is just a sponge cake. When it is baked, then there are a kind of sirup poured all over the cake. In the cake it self, I have added grated lime and lemon peal. The sirup is made with the juice of one orange, one lemon and two lime fruits and 100 gram of sugar. Just heated gently up, untill the sugar is dissolved.

It was a cake, that were populair in the late 1970's and most of the 1980's. Just the taste and texture of the cake, brings back memories from my childhood.

Citrus-Fruit-Cake-01.jpg
Filename
Citrus-Fruit-Cake-01.jpg
File size
255.03 KiB
Views
File license
Citrus-Fruit-Cake-02.jpg
Filename
Citrus-Fruit-Cake-02.jpg
File size
243.73 KiB
Views
File license

EDIT:
The recepie is as follows.....

250 gram of sugar.
250 gram of butter.
4 whole egg's.
1 teaspoon of baking powder.
250 gram of white flour.

Mix butter and sugar until they are a smooth paste. Helps if the butter is room temperature.
Add one egg at a time and stir them into the butter/sugar mix.
Grate the peal from what citrus fruits you like. Make sure it is organic, else you get stuff like insecticides into the cake.
Mix baking powder and flour. Run the mix through a sieve, straight into the butter/sugar/egg-mix.
Mix it all together into a dough.

Butter up a springform pan, and add the dough.
Turn on an oven at 165 degree celcius and place the cake in the oven at the same time.
Bake in one hour.

The sirup is made from the juice of two large oranges, one lemon and 100 gram of sugar.
Other citrus fruits can be used. I chose one orange, one lemon and two lime fruits.
Mix into a pot, and heat up. Stir untill the the sugar is dissolved and remove from heat.

Once the cake is baked. Take a knife and make vertical holes all over. Helps to absorbe the sirup.
Pour the sirup gently all over the cake. Take time to "moisten" all the surface of the cake.
Just use it all, and what drips down will be caught by the springform pan.

Let the cake cool down, take it out of the springform pan and then it is ready to be eaten.

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 585 of 739, by drosse1meyer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Buttered toast and coffee

P1: Packard Bell - 233 MMX, Voodoo1, 64 MB, ALS100+
P2-V2: Dell Dimension - 400 Mhz, Voodoo2, 256 MB
P!!! Custom: 1 Ghz, GeForce2 Pro/64MB, 384 MB

Reply 586 of 739, by Intel486dx33

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

My two favorite drinks.
Crystal Geyser brand water and Lime flavor Carbonated water from California.
Both are very good tasting.

Once you drink these you will not like any other type of water.

Attachments

Reply 588 of 739, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Had a banana and now on my second cup of Maccona coffee. Mear uummmmmm....

There's a glitch in the matrix.
A founding member of the 286 appreciation society.
Apparently 32-bit is dead and nobody likes P4s.
Of course, as always, I'm open to correction...😉

Reply 589 of 739, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A couple of coffees and a snack bar. Not as filling as a banana but will do until i put the rolled oats on....

Reply 590 of 739, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Steak, egg and chips with bbq sauce.

Reply 591 of 739, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm about to go home and grill some boneless chicken thighs marinated in Bachan's BBQ sauce. Side will be a big giant pile of greens with either yoghurt dressing or ranch. Booyah!

Reply 592 of 739, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

We’re trying to get through a huge bag of lemons a neighbour gave us so I did lemon chicken last night. I used ‘chicken tenders’ instead of my usual thighs and regretted it, thighs just can’t be beat.

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 593 of 739, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
badmojo wrote on 2021-09-13, 23:04:

We’re trying to get through a huge bag of lemons

When life gives you lemons, make traditional lemon curd, bake fresh crusty bread to smear it on, mmmmm.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 595 of 739, by henryVK

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
badmojo wrote on 2021-09-13, 23:04:

We’re trying to get through a huge bag of lemons a neighbour gave us so I did lemon chicken last night. I used ‘chicken tenders’ instead of my usual thighs and regretted it, thighs just can’t be beat.

If you have a bunch of lemons, like lemon chicken and you can stand to wait 3-4 weeks you could try making

Preserved lemons

Ingredients

• 9 organic lemons
  • Kosher salt
  • 1 heaping teaspoon black peppercorns
  • 2 bay leaves

Preparation

Scrub 3 to 5 organic lemons, enough to fit snugly in a medium jar with a tight-fitting lid (have 2 to 4 more ready on the side). Slice each lemon from the top to within 1/2 inch of the bottom, almost cutting them into quarters but leaving them attached at one end. Rub kosher salt over the cut surfaces, then reshape the fruit. Cover the bottom of the jar with more kosher salt. Fit all the cut lemons in, breaking them apart if necessary. Sprinkle salt on each layer.

Press the lemons down to release their juices. Add to the jar the peppercorns and bay leaves, then squeeze the additional lemons into the jar until juice covers everything.

Close the jar and let ripen at cool room temperature, shaking the jar every day for 3 to 4 weeks, or until the rinds are tender to the bite. Then store it in the refrigerator.

To use, remove a piece of lemon and rinse it. (Add more fresh lemons to the brine as you use them up.) The minced rind is added at the very end of cooking or used raw; the pulp can be added to a simmering pot.

In order to make lemon chicken you chop up half a preserved lemon or so, blitz it up with a bunch of garlic, herbs and copious amounts of butter and generously apply the mixture to the chicken. Let it rest and marinate for a bit before putting it in the oven and roasting it while basting every 15-20 minutes or so until juices run clear. Put it on a bed of lightly preboiled potatoe-slices for extra points.

Reply 596 of 739, by mR_Slug

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Find it odd that in 30 pages there is only one mention of Dim sum. That char siu bao looks delicious. I also love Har Kau (prawn rice dumplings) and Siu Mai (prawn and pork dumplings). There is other stuff as well. Totally hooked on this stuff.

Also Phoenix claws/chicken feet are delicious. Only one local takeaway does authentic homemade Dim Sum round here. But you can get stuff from Tesco (basically Walmart) too. Anyone else into Dim sum?

The Retro Web | EISA .cfg Archive | Chip set Encyclopedia

Reply 597 of 739, by badmojo

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
henryVK wrote on 2021-09-14, 10:16:

If you have a bunch of lemons, like lemon chicken and you can stand to wait 3-4 weeks you could try making

Preserved lemons

Thanks for the recipe that's another great idea - I've been meaning to do a rack of lamb with preserved lemons for ages.

And I've sold the lemon curd idea to my daughter - we're going to make some + fresh scones + cream. It'll be great!

Life? Don't talk to me about life.

Reply 598 of 739, by Caluser2000

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Fruit yogurt and coffee. The sun is coming over the horizon this time.

Reply 599 of 739, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
mR_Slug wrote on 2021-09-14, 11:13:

Find it odd that in 30 pages there is only one mention of Dim sum. That char siu bao looks delicious. I also love Har Kau (prawn rice dumplings) and Siu Mai (prawn and pork dumplings). There is other stuff as well. Totally hooked on this stuff.

Also Phoenix claws/chicken feet are delicious. Only one local takeaway does authentic homemade Dim Sum round here. But you can get stuff from Tesco (basically Walmart) too. Anyone else into Dim sum?

Funny you mention that. Today I had my first whirl at Crab Rangoon. Came out nicely. Unlike some restaurants, this homemade version actually has a nice crab flavor.

563A591F-8D6C-416B-9A5F-B47C251C1DC7.jpeg
Filename
563A591F-8D6C-416B-9A5F-B47C251C1DC7.jpeg
File size
847.22 KiB
Views
File license