VOGONS

History of 3Dfx Graphics cards Vol. 1

Topic actions

Reply 60 of 65, by pixelatedscraps

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wow. I’m impressed. What’s your connection to 3Dfx / 3dfx and just how many of their cards do you own? Would love some backstory.

My ultimate dual 440LX / Voodoo2 SLI build

Reply 61 of 65, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
pixelatedscraps wrote on 2021-09-04, 14:38:

Wow. I’m impressed. What’s your connection to 3Dfx / 3dfx and just how many of their cards do you own? Would love some backstory.

I'm not yjfy but as far as I can remember, yjfy's just a collector - albeit one with a huge, well-organized collection. And anything he doesn't own, he collects JPEG's of. He usually tries to make it clear which he owns and which he does not own, but it's sometimes lost in the wave of information - especially these threads that he has made that are intended to be "historical documentation". I can't blame anybody who might interpret this as "he used to work for 3dfx" but so far as I know, that's not the case.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 62 of 65, by soggi

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Just have a look at his website: http://www.yjfy.com/, resprectively http://www.yjfy.com/Museum/video/3dfx.htm (when it comes to 3dfx).

kind regards
soggi

Vintage BIOSes, firmware, drivers, tools, manuals and (3dfx) game patches -> soggi's BIOS & Firmware Page

soggi.org on Twitter - talent borrows, genius steals...

Reply 63 of 65, by Tetrium

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Stiletto wrote on 2021-09-04, 22:17:
pixelatedscraps wrote on 2021-09-04, 14:38:

I'm not yjfy but as far as I can remember, yjfy's just a collector - albeit one with a huge, well-organized collection. And anything he doesn't own, he collects JPEG's of. He usually tries to make it clear which he owns and which he does not own, but it's sometimes lost in the wave of information - especially these threads that he has made that are intended to be "historical documentation". I can't blame anybody who might interpret this as "he used to work for 3dfx" but so far as I know, that's not the case.

Actually is quite the compliment, similar to being called a hacker when you are just skilled is also a compliment 😜

Whats missing in your collections?
My retro rigs (old topic)
Interesting Vogons threads (links to Vogonswiki)
Report spammers here!

Reply 64 of 65, by yjfy

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The Righteous 3D engineering sample graphics card PCB date collected by dusty-voodoo.com is really 9626 weeks, which is the earliest non-3Dfx original engineering sample.

Attachments