Actua Soccer (OEM) *Static Link
Archimedean Dynasty / Schleichfahrt
Battle Arena Toshinden *Static Link
Battlecruiser 3000AD / Battlecruiser 3000AD 2.0
Blood
- Blood Plasma Pack
- One Unit Whole Blood
Burnout: Championship Drag Racing
- Burnout: Championship Drag Racing (Player's Choice Edition)
Carmageddon
- Carmageddon: Max Pack
- Carmageddon: Splat Pack
Descent II: D2_3dfx
- Descent II "D2VOODOO" (officially supported 3DFX patch for Descent 2) *Static Link
- Descent II: Destination Quartzon (OEM) *Static Link
- Descent II: The Infinite Abyss *Static Link
Dreams To Reality
EuroFighter 2000 [EF 2000] + TACTCOM + GFX+ *Static Link
- EuroFighter 2000 v2.0 [EF 2000 v2.0] *Static Link
Extreme Assault
Fatal Racing (OEM) *Static Link
Grand Theft Auto
- Grand Theft Auto (Limited Edition)
- Grand Theft Auto: Mission Pack #1 - London 1961
Jet Fighter III: Platinum Edition
Jet Fighter: Full Burn
Lands Of Lore 2: Guardians of Destiny
NASCAR Racing 2
- NASCAR Grand National Series Expansion Pack
NASCAR Racing 1999 Edition (DOS)
Pył (Pyl)
Prost Grand Prix (1998)
Redguard: The Elder Scroll Adventures
Screamer 2 / Bleifuss 2
Screamer Rally / Bleifuss Fun
Shadow Warrior
Starfighter 3000 (OEM) *Static Link
Tie Break Tennis 98
Tomb Raider *Static and Dynamic Links
- Tomb Raider Gold *Static and Dynamic Links
- Tomb Raider - Unfinished Business *Static and Dynamic Links
UEFA Champions League 96/97 *Static Link
VR Soccer '96 (OEM) *Static Link
Whiplash *Static Link
X-CAR: Experimental Racing *Static and Dynamic Links

Other regularly updated lists:
vetz: Voodoo 2 DOS Glide compatibility matrix
Zeus (nGlide): http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide/compatibility
Gamescollector: http://www.zeus-software.com/forum/viewtopic. … hp?p=3473#p3473
robertmo: Re: Revised list of Voodoo games for DOS.

Thanks to:
Riboflavin
robertmo
Gamescollector
vetz
Other posters below

[EDIT: Stiletto - 7/29/2013 21:30 DST-5]
[EDIT: Stiletto - 7/25/2012 12:00 DST-5]

Last edited by DosFreak on 2022-11-25, 22:13. Edited 11 times in total.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 1 of 118, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Unreal is a Windows game, as is with Prey and Incoming.

I've never heard of any Descent glide patch, but some definitely exist for Descent II.

Mechwarrior 2 had a seperate later released special 3dfx edition (which I never got working)

Carmageddon's Glide support was only in the Splat Pack, iirc.

Zone Raiders and Magic Carpet 2 were both 1995 games, before Glide existed and I can't recall any Glide patches for those.

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 4 of 118, by Miki Maus

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
leileilol wrote:

Carmageddon's Glide support was only in the Splat Pack, iirc.

You recall incorrectly, there is a 3dfx patch (two actually for V1 and V2) for ordinary dos version of Carmageddon.

Reply 5 of 118, by Riboflavin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Good Suggestion. I'll edit the first post.

Miki Maus- Doesn't it SUCK how obscure some of these 3dfx patches are?! Thanks for the tip tho. Any link maybe?

I wouldn't be surprised if someone wrote a 3dfx dos patch for Doom and the only remnant of it is hanging by a thread on some poor sap's homemade ftp...

in a basement...

with a password...

😅

**Don't forget to enjoy the sauce**

Reply 6 of 118, by leileilol

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Well the only doom ports that support Glide are very early versions of Doomsday (back when it was just "Jdoom" and "JHeretic" and so on) and Doom Legacy <1.30. These are Windows ports.

Instead of making a daydream list why not start over from nothing until you have their official 3dfx patches sitting on your hard drive?

apsosig.png
long live PCem

Reply 9 of 118, by Riboflavin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

to answer leileilol...

Um, yeah, I'd love to have all the patches on my hard-drive, but I don't know WHAT games to track down patches for yet! 😊

This is just an attempt to narrow down just such a list, and then I'll try and get all this working. If there's enough interest, I'll see if I can collect links and such to the patches and post them on the list.

Some of these games are REALLY hard to tell if it works in "pure dos" or not. For example, Redguard (since it's fresh in my mind) seems to need to be installed in Windows. Also the game is Windows-based, but not the 3DFX version (although you can still double-click it to run, so the only indication that it works within DOS is the brief view of a blinking cursor).

Anyway, since the Banshees are in the mail, my interest in Voodoo Hardware is renewed, so I will share this quest to get Voodoo games working.

Reply 12 of 118, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Riboflavin wrote:

Anyway, since the Banshees are in the mail, my interest in Voodoo Hardware is renewed, so I will share this quest to get Voodoo games working.

Banshee is IIRC the most difficult of all Voodoos, so maybe we can use it as "yardstick" --if the GLide game works on Banshee, then it probably should work on Voodoo3 or Voodoo5.

Reply 13 of 118, by Riboflavin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Man! I can see that now. Just got the Banshees last night and they are not what my high hopes expected. It ran Tomb Raider okay, but not with anti-aliasing, and an even slower frame-rate than a Voodoo 1! Descent 2 won't go, and I don't know if I can convince myself it's worth the time to make it work.

Also the 2D performance on this didn't impress me as much as I hoped either. It might be very VESA compatible, yeah, but I noticed very slow 2D performance compare to a ATI Rage Pro or Nvidia Geforce when it comes to using more modern DOS programs (ie ZSNES, PICTVIEW, Game Launcher).

It's probably a good card, and it's compatibility with AdvanceCab DOS utilities might make it a great tinkerer's card, but I'm too spoiled by *almost* everything working perfectly with a Geforce.

*sigh*. Oh well. I guess it's time to fall back in love with my Black Magic Voodoo 2 SLI setup.

If my friends can't convince me to go out on the town tonight, I think I'll try and get Dreams to Reality working on a Voodoo 2 once and for all. 🙄

Thanks for the updates too everyone. I'll edit the list later today. I want to try MDK personally. I keep hearing "Dos only" or "Windows only" for that one depending on where I search.

Reply 14 of 118, by Riboflavin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

&*%^)*(&^)(*^(#!!!!!

I can't get Dreams to Reality to work no matter what I do!

ARG! At least 6 different versions of Glide2x.dll, and environment variables like mad... http://www.mdgx.com/3dfx.htm

Does anyone care about Dreams to Reality at all? I mean, you don't really have to... the guy from Glidos cares at least as much as me. Tomb Raider is certainly a better game and this dude has a weird back... but seriously!

Many years too late, but does anyone have any ideas? 😖

Synopsis: So this game is up and running, but still only with a real voodoo 1. The Voodoo 2 SLI will NOT run this game despite many environment variable changes and various glide2x.dll versions. The best I can do is get the 3dfx logo to spin when I run the game, then it fades away until it's ALMOST gone from the monitor. That's where the system hangs and the computer needs to be rebooted.

If you can get this game working on a Voodoo 2... I love you!

Reply 15 of 118, by Riboflavin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh yeah... if anyone want to download this program for "testing purposes" they can PM me. The parent company, as well as the developer seems to be gone now, so I don't think it would make any difference.

I had to buy this game off of ebay which is already 2nd hand... and that already seems kinda fishy to me. Hell--- I did some work for a founder of ebay, and that family has infinite money, so whatever. Publisher's not going to make anything anymore, especially since they are gone.

So yeah- PM me if you want to try to get this working. Dreams to Reality... many years later.

Play and experience Duncan: The Chosen One.

Reply 16 of 118, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Riboflavin wrote:

ARG! At least 6 different versions of Glide2x.dll, and environment variables like mad... http://www.mdgx.com/3dfx.htm

Wait, wait. Hold on. You do put a very interesting link.

I noticed there are variables with similar function across different Voodoos.
For example, the Voodoo1 has SST_GRXCLK variable, while Voodoo2 has SSTV2_GRXCLK. Now I'm sure that two variables actually functions the same, although for different versions of Voodoos.

Riboflavin wrote:

Synopsis: So this game is up and running, but still only with a real voodoo 1. The Voodoo 2 SLI will NOT run this game despite many environment variable changes and various glide2x.dll versions.

Hold on. You said Voodoo2 SLI

Have you tried disabling SLI with SSTV2_SLIDETECT=0?

Also, what are the environment variables for the Voodoo1? Have you tried assigning the same value as when playing on Voodoo1, only this time with SSTV2 prefix instead of SST ?

Reply 17 of 118, by Riboflavin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Helpful suggestion on disabling the SLI. I didn't know about that variable. But nah... Dreams to Reality still won't work on the Voodoo2s. I have read that there's a debug version of the actual program available for the German and French versions. Since I don't have the patch and I don't speak German or French I'm kinda at a loss. 😢

I also found out that the Voodoo version of MDK seems to be Windows-only (even a 32-bit extender tsr didn't do the trick in Dos!). THere is a DOS version of MDK, but the only GLide version I have found only works in Windows.

Oh well. A good game. I'm trying to convince myself it is okay to have in my launcher by virtue of "win.com mdk3dfx.exe" 😏

Reply 18 of 118, by Kreshna Aryaguna Nurzaman

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Riboflavin wrote:

Helpful suggestion on disabling the SLI. I didn't know about that variable. But nah... Dreams to Reality still won't work on the Voodoo2s.

For the time being, I guess Dreams to Reality is a Voodoo1-only game (until somehow we find a way to run it on Voodoo2 or above). Could you modify your list accordingly, then? Thus, the list becomes more informative, because it doesn't only say whether a particular GLide game is DOS or Windows, but whether it's a Voodoo1-only or can be played with Voodoo2 (and above) as well.