VOGONS


Reply 20 of 22, by chubabs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie
PC Hoarder Patrol wrote on 2026-05-10, 12:54:
I tried a similar mod a few years back for another member here, with a similar level of success as your own. Feel free to try / […]
Show full quote
chubabs wrote on 2026-05-10, 12:08:
Coppermine 1 gHz also booted in the FCPGA2 package, on the 370CPU slockets; I think the problem is with the microcode after all. […]
Show full quote

Coppermine 1 gHz also booted in the FCPGA2 package, on the 370CPU slockets; I think the problem is with the microcode after all.
CPUID=6B1 Rev=1C 2001/02/15 CRC=6506E1CF Off=1026D Size=800 Plat=4
CPUID=6B1 Rev=1D 2001/02/20 CRC=6D9B5661 Off=10A6D Size=800 Plat=5
These are the ones I managed to find; maybe someone can suggest or share what other microcodes exist for Tualatins

I tried a similar mod a few years back for another member here, with a similar level of success as your own. Feel free to try / compare my version with yours...

The attachment P6DGE Mod BIOS Files.zip is no longer available

Far as slockets are concerned, this generation of Supermicro boards had a rep for being brand / model picky regarding what would work (modded or otherwise), ranging from 'just don't bother' (ABIT SlotKET III) to 'top rated' (ASUS S370-DL). Where the 370SP rev 2.0 falls in that range I couldn' say.

Thank you for sharing your research; I'll try testing this BIOS.

Reply 21 of 22, by chubabs

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hello everyone, I managed to get the Tualatins working on this board!

I found an incredibly cool article in the web archive by N-yagi, who did an absolutely amazing job—and I was able to replicate it on this board
https://web.archive.org/web/20040106144543/ht … 3s/drep3s4e.htm

I managed to write the CPUID. As far as I understand, when the AMI BIOS can't find a matching CPUID, it doesn't even access the microcode module, it tries to boot into safe mode, but it crashes there, when the CPUID is correct, it follows a different procedure. But in the BIOS, the CPUs are listed as 1000 instead of 1050 (for 1400 MHz).But it works the same way like N-yagi, he writes that in Windows, the frequency is set correctly and works as expected, but I haven't checked it yet

I'm also attaching the BIOS file.

Reply 22 of 22, by Alex827

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

That's great!
Not sure if any of you have seen Bits and Bolts on youtube but he is working on a new sloket adapter which could run Tualatins natively. The hawk 370.
Clearly the bios was a limitation but in my use case with much older slokets I would have alot of modification ahead of me to get the Tualatins working.

Later this year I will re-attempt work on this PC and post some updates.