VOGONS


VGA to HDMI converter/scaler

Topic actions

Reply 20 of 21, by The Solutor

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Member
darry wrote on Today, 13:44:

If one does not have a secondary use case, even at 8 Euros, it is not worth the "gamble" to me. OP may feel differently.

Heh... the luck factor, sometimes matters.

Say I bought years ago, a BT mouse (a BX30) as a emergency unit, I paid it 4euros shipped from amazon.

It's a clone of my trusted Logitech M705 Marathon that I paid 39 euro in 2009 money, and that I consider superb and perfectly shaped for my hand.

Well that BX30 outlived the Logitech and became my everyday driver, and still is what I'm using right now, I wish I had bought a 10x box, now sadly is out of production and impossible to find brand new.

Money is an indicator of quality, usually, but not always...

Reply 21 of 21, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
The Solutor wrote on Today, 13:55:
jh80 wrote on Today, 13:21:

Rather than buying a bunch of cheap adapters that don't work well, it's better to just put the money into getting an OSSC. It's one of the best retro PC purchases I've ever made and it cost less than $100.

Ok, like I said maybe I misinterpreted, and indeed I missed the detail that the user I linked was the actually the OP.

But you guys look like shareholders of the OSSC Corp. 😁

I own these.
- Gefen VGA to DVI Scaler PLUS (dead)
- OSSC rev. 1.6 (2 of them )
- Extron RGB-DVI 300
- Crestron HD-SCALER-VGA-E
- CYP CP-254
- CYP CP-253

I prefer the OSSC , closely followed by the Extron RGB-DVI 300. For some use cases, the Extron is the better choice, IMHO. My musings on most of these are in the long thread I mentioned previously.