Reply 40 of 40, by SupraGSX
Andalu wrote on Today, 13:05:I'm referring to resolutions higher than 1920 x 1080 which don't show the desktop correctly. Below the same XP desktop with the […]
SupraGSX wrote on Yesterday, 22:35:I'm not following you. If you select a higher resolution and you go to a game and try to play in that higher resolution what happens?
I'm referring to resolutions higher than 1920 x 1080 which don't show the desktop correctly.
Below the same XP desktop with the GTX960 connected to the HDMI port:1920 x 1080 (desktop OK)
https://ibb.co/YFCXgkg42560 x 1440 (desktop zoomed in to the right and down. The CPU-Z and Display Properties windows are no longer visible unless you move the mouse to the right edge of the screen.)
https://ibb.co/MJh5QGsI hope I've clarified what the problem is. In this regard, here is a screenshot captured on the same machine with driver v368.81 and the patched nv4_mini.sys and nv4_disp.dll files where the 3840 x 2160 resolution works properly:
https://ibb.co/MkcfVGvg
The most obvious issue is XP thinks you are connected over DVI. DVI single link only goes up to 1920x1080 so if you're saying you've got 4k out of this setup you're obviously not really connected via DVI and it has no clue how to scale your monitor.
I put the topography section in the control panel so you can edit your monitor edid just for this type of scenario.
You're not using any converters or anything right?