Sorry for the slightly off topic question, but it's still related to the whole output thing.
Seems like you know your way around a gpu output. I've recently picked up a STB Velocity 128 for the system I'm putting the same system as the CT7260. It's got 4MB of RAM, but it provides 32 bit color in 800x600, and provides some basic features that at least make 2D performance satisfactory for the most part.
I've been able to force NVIDIA's 4.11 drivers onto it to allow me to disable a couple of features to reduce overhead, and tacked on some extra aluminum heatsinks on the main chip and the RAM. Not sure if this is related to the driver swap, but I'm noticing some oddities in the output.
The attachment VGA Issues.png is no longer available
The attachment VGA Issues2.png is no longer available
from time to time outside of 3D programs, I'm getting these horizontal jitters that appear in two separate general areas. I've been able to at least capture them in the act. There's also what appears to be a series of very faint rolling darker lines from that roll from top to bottom. Also, I've noticed that performance has actually suffered in some titles in comparison to my STB Dell Nitro 1.3 (S3 ViRGE GX) 4MB.
Is the jitter and overall performance problems due to overheating issues? If the output is this sensitive to even small changes like extra heatsinks, would the GPU input fare OK with a VGA Pass-Thru? Or, did I set this thing up incorrectly?
Also, output was captured using a mystery Chinese capture card streaming to OBS, connected to a VGA to HDMI Adapter which allows me to adjust picture settings easily.