VOGONS


First post, by iiamsiincere

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hello

Hoping to get some help with this. I have an HP desktop that I have been able to find the original OEM Disc for. My issue is that, when I try to upgrade from the IDE drive to an SSD, the Disc won't allow me to install XP. After doing more research, I realized it's because the Disc is looking for that specific drive ID order to install.

I've used different applications and done Win98, XP and Vista installs where I needed to add drivers here and there to get things to work. Since I've never dealt with this scenario of the OEM expecting specific hardware, I wanted to know if there was an easy way to me to take that OEM Disc (as an ISO), put it on a USB and add drivers to allow the SSD to formatted to?

IF so, can I get some help in getting that done? I can provide you with the source of the OEM recovery ISO that I found (on internet archive).

Everything else that I upgraded worked with no issues expect for upgrading the drive.