VOGONS


First post, by Fernando-P

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hello,
I’m looking for the original HP BIOS update SP61632.exe, which contains BIOS 7.16 Rev.A for the IPISB‑CU (Cupertino) motherboard.
Technical details:
- Motherboard: IPISB‑CU (Pegatron / HP OEM)
- Chipset: Intel H67
- BIOS type: AMI UEFI
- SoftPaq needed: SP61632.exe
- Target ROM inside SoftPaq: CHG_716.ROM
- Current BIOS on the system: CHG_707.ROM (v7.07)
- Systems using this board:
- HP Pavilion HPE h8‑1020
- HP Pavilion HPE h8‑1210
- Compaq CQ36xx series
HP removed SP61632 from their servers, and all mirrors I’ve found either link to dead URLs or point to the wrong file (sp56122.exe, for a different board revision).
If anyone has SP61632.exe, CHG_716.ROM, or a dump from a system running BIOS 7.16 Rev.A, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.

Reply 1 of 3, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Fernando-P wrote on 2026-06-24, 17:20:
Hello, I’m looking for the original HP BIOS update SP61632.exe, which contains BIOS 7.16 Rev.A for the IPISB‑CU (Cupertino) moth […]
Show full quote

Hello,
I’m looking for the original HP BIOS update SP61632.exe, which contains BIOS 7.16 Rev.A for the IPISB‑CU (Cupertino) motherboard.
Technical details:
- Motherboard: IPISB‑CU (Pegatron / HP OEM)
- Chipset: Intel H67
- BIOS type: AMI UEFI
- SoftPaq needed: SP61632.exe
- Target ROM inside SoftPaq: CHG_716.ROM
- Current BIOS on the system: CHG_707.ROM (v7.07)
- Systems using this board:
- HP Pavilion HPE h8‑1020
- HP Pavilion HPE h8‑1210
- Compaq CQ36xx series
HP removed SP61632 from their servers, and all mirrors I’ve found either link to dead URLs or point to the wrong file (sp56122.exe, for a different board revision).
If anyone has SP61632.exe, CHG_716.ROM, or a dump from a system running BIOS 7.16 Rev.A, I would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks.

Welcome to VOGONS 😀

Try here... https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp61501-62000/sp61632.exe

Reply 2 of 3, by Fernando-P

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Thank you so much, I had just managed to get it that way. But now I'm not sure if it's what I need. I want to update the BIOS of an HP Pavilion h8-1020es, a very old computer whose graphics card I want to replace. And now I'm wondering if that's the right file, or if it's sp70266 or a different one.

Reply 3 of 3, by Fernando-P

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Newbie

Hi again,
I just wanted to give you an update. In the end, the file I needed for my HP Pavilion h8‑1020es was not the one I originally downloaded. With the help of the Win‑Raid community, I was able to correctly identify the motherboard (Pegatron Formosa Z75, SSID 2AD5) and confirm that the proper BIOS update was CHG_712, which I have already installed successfully.
Everything is working perfectly now, and the system is stable.
Thank you again for pointing me to the FTP method — it was extremely helpful.
Best regards.