First post, by batmreload
So I finally caved and bought one of these on Ebay, been wanting one forever. But its giving me no end of Headaches.
When I first poped it in my test system (Newer Haswell - Asus B85-Plus) it was really flaky - 90% of the time it wasn't recognized, and out of the 10% of the time, it usually wouldn't format under windows. Really flakey with the SATA cable. Did the obvious, unplugged the card, unplugged the battery, unplugged the memory, cleaned the contacts with IPA, etc. No go.
Then I got the bright Idea that maybe the newer systems Sata ports didn't like it, So I dropped in a trusty Silicon Image 3112a pci sata card. Boom, Its detected every time. Shows 1GB even though its got 2gb on the card.
Formats perfectly, Barts Stuff Test can run forever and not find any issues.
Until I reset or power off the system. 80% of the time, after a reboot, there's no issue. But after the system is shutdown, and about 20% of the time I reboot the machine, it will come up blank and needing to be partitioned and formatted again.
I thought At first that it was the battery, as its the original. But, even after the card is outside the system and sitting on a shelf for hours, pressing the battery test button indicates a full charge.
Has anyone run into these prolbems or have any suggestions? Does the card need a battery, a recap, or differant memory (I'm using memory thats not on the approved list in the manual, but i didn't think it mattered)
I don't have an systems ATM that take DDR1, so i can't test it ATM.